I have an Epi LP Custom and I play alot of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer...

I was wondering, what's the best string brand/gauge for an LP?
I use Skinny Bottom Heavy Top for playing those exact bands, sounds pretty good
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
There isn't one, just like there's not 'best guitar' or 'best amp' or 'best guitarist', even.

Just try a few brands and see what you like. Most people tend to settle with either D'addario's or Ernie Ball's though. I started out using D'addario's exclusively, now it's only EB's on all my guitars.
It's just this, I have to change my guitar strings in a short while and I'd like to know what's your opinion on the strings like: String A is more buzzy but has more bass and String B is more clean but is bad on distortion. Just an Example
Well what tuning are you going to play in, how loose do you like your strings and how bright do you want them to be?

Quote by Antoniomike7
It's just this, I have to change my guitar strings in a short while and I'd like to know what's your opinion on the strings like: String A is more buzzy but has more bass and String B is more clean but is bad on distortion. Just an Example

it doesn't really work like that
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
Well what tuning are you going to play in, how loose do you like your strings and how bright do you want them to be?

it doesn't really work like that

I want to play in Standard Tuning, with the strings the closest to the fretboad (without the buzzes) and I didn't get what you meant by how bright.
OK I narrowed it to 2 strings: Dunlop Heavy Core VS Ernie Ball Power Slinky.

Not sure which gauge to use :S
10's, 9's can feel a little slack on LP's shorter scale length.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Antoniomike7

What tuning you playing in ?

The Dunlop heavy core strings 10's are good for drop D to D standard. but will sound like your in drop C or C standard.

If you tune to drop C or C standard I would go with 11's but use E.B.P.S , cause the Dunlop heavy core in that tune will sound like you are tune to B unless thats what your after.

I really like the Dunlop heavy core they do what there name says gives a very good heavy sound.
Metallica doesn't use many drops (mostly standard) so I think I'm gonna go with the E.B.P.S.
I use EB 10- 52's for Iron Maiden and stuff like that.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
It is really not going to make a significant difference in your sound. You're putting way too much thought into your string choice.

A lot of Metallica's later stuff was written 1-2 steps lower but still in standard tuning. Therefore, you would want a slightly heavier set of strings.

I tend to use 10-52's for D standard (1 whole step down) and can quickly tune the low E down to C for drop-C tuning. I would also be quite comfortable tuning those strings up to E standard, as they are still not too heavy. (But I really don't ever tune to standard E.)

Really though, it's not a case where "Zomg I need to run the same strings Metallica uses so I can sound like them..."
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood