I use a Cornford Roadhouse 30 through a cheap cab () with V30 copy speakers. Earlier I jammed with my bassist with it at about half volume, gain at about 10/11 o'clock, this is the sort of volume I usually use it at for practices and small gigs.

I noticed that, when the guitars volume was at about 7/8 the majority of the low E string, and when the guitar was full all of the low E and most of the A string's notes caused a horrible buzz, at first it sounded just like my amp was rattling something in the room, but it was eventually apparent that the sound was coming out the speaker.

This is obviously incredibly vague, but does anyone have ideas what could be the problem?

During our jam my bassist did knock the plug which turned the amp off, but I'm not sure if that'd cause such a problem.

I'll try to record the buzz to see if anyone can diagnose it. I worry that it's something that'll cost a lot to fix...though there is a chance it's the speaker... =/

Does anyone have any idea of what could be the cause/solution?

Thanks.
the speaker it's self may be bad. there are many possibilities as to what it could be.
try a diff guitar, take all non-esential things out of the equasion, Try another amp with the cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
the speaker it's self may be bad. there are many possibilities as to what it could be.
try a diff guitar, take all non-esential things out of the equasion, Try another amp with the cab

This.

Sounds to me the cab is rattling or the speaker is bust, but I can't tell without being there.