I'm looking at getting a replacement amp, I currently have a Line 6 Spider Valve MKI Half Stack and looking to replace it with a 112 or 212 combo.

I've looked at Line 6 Spider Valve MKII 112 but they seem to be having a number of issues. Also looked at a Peavey 6505 + 112.

I play anything from Metallica/Machine Head/Trivium/Bullet For My Valentine to Guns n Roses/Bon Jovi to Green Day/Bowling For Soup/Foo Fighters/Alter Bridge.
I've just got a Jet City 50 watt (JCA5212RC) for £450. It's an all-tube amp, with tube drive, triple spring reverb. So far, I can't fault it, apart from the lack of a headphone jack.

It can do Led Zeppelin-style stuff very well, so should be able to handle Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi etc. For the heavier stuff, you'll probably need a pedal to dirty up the sound a bit more.

I think I got one of the last two in the UK (Andertons music) that I can find.
Quote by HenryB
I've just got a Jet City 50 watt (JCA5212RC) for £450. It's an all-tube amp, with tube drive, triple spring reverb. So far, I can't fault it, apart from the lack of a headphone jack.

It can do Led Zeppelin-style stuff very well, so should be able to handle Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi etc. For the heavier stuff, you'll probably need a pedal to dirty up the sound a bit more.

I think I got one of the last two in the UK (Andertons music) that I can find.

Did you buy it through PMT?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by guitarhead911
6505+ 112 would be great for you (IMO)

I'm thinking that but not 100% sure yet think I need to try one out.

Anybody else got any recommendations?
Vypyr Tube. Any variant of a 6505 won't be nearly versatile enough for what you want to play.

If you're lucky you might be able to find a JSX combo, but it won't sound ideal for "that metalcore sound". Not bad, just a little different than normal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Vypyr Tube. Any variant of a 6505 won't be nearly versatile enough for what you want to play.

If you're lucky you might be able to find a JSX combo, but it won't sound ideal for "that metalcore sound". Not bad, just a little different than normal.

I've played the Vypyr Tube before and was not that impressed if I'm honest.
But I did play it at a guitar show so not always the best place to judge.
Quote by HenryB
I did indeed...

Hi, I'm the Tom H that scre- organised everything

but you can tell TS he should PM me and i will look after him lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Hi, I'm the Tom H that scre- organised everything

but you can tell TS he should PM me and i will look after him lol

Haha small world...not to worry

I'm sure it wasn't Tom's fault, so you can trust him
Laney VC50 would do all that quite well. A 6505 wouldn't.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.