guys,

i've been looking pretty hard for a version 3 blues junior, with the updated tone circuit with the sparkle mod..
it's fair to say these 3rd editions are hard to find used..

when compared to a 2nd edition, how big is the difference in terms of sound quality?

thanks
I have to say, I HATED the III. It seems far too bright, much more so than my II. As well, both the ones I played buzzed like you wouldn't believe.

The nice thing is that they reversed the control panel, but other than that, get the II.
well i'd be running a usa tele through it? would this result is harsh trebly noise rather than the jangly sounds i'm after?
Quote by daverichards
well i'd be running a usa tele through it? would this result is harsh trebly noise rather than the jangly sounds i'm after?

It wouldn't be bad, but then again I never really bonded with my Blues Junior until I got a cabinet for it with a bassy speaker.

Drop by a music store and spend some time playing it. It's a good little amp, despite its flaws.
i've played the III for about an hour with a tele and liked it, however trying to get the III used is pretty hard, a few II's keep popping up...

i can't afford one new (and to be honest i don't like buying new gear, just doesn't hold it's value).

so would the consensus be the III > II or II > III ?