I went to atlanta for a couple of concerts on thursday and friday (august burns red, anberlin) and while up there I took my bass to Sam Ash. 30 bucks and a new input jack later and my bass is back in the action. Unfortunately now I've lost my Acoustic halfstack... Had to sell it in order to get my bike out of the shop. But I still have my Eden combo, so I'm not stranded. Now I'm looking for an extension cab for the conbo. Either a 15 or 2x10 or a 2x12.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
What do you think of the CXC210? I was thinking about picking up a CX210 cab for my WT-400.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
What do you think of the CXC210? I was thinking about picking up a CX210 cab for my WT-400.

Its a pretty great sounding speaker pair. Very moderate, though, but that's a good thing. My biggest issue is volume. I would prefer a lot more headroom; however, headroom is the only reason why I'm looking for an extension, and I guess that has a bit more to do with my power amp. Tone is no problem.

Quote by Ottmeister

Quote by askrere
Get another 2x10, for 4x10 tried and true.

Ive played it with a 4x10 as an extension. It was okay. Much deeper in sound, but not much louder.

Quote by rageahol
2x12

Any difference in sound/volume between a 2x10 and a 2x12?
Last edited by c3powil at Jan 23, 2012,
I meant get a 2x10 so you had a 4x10 in total. How much power does that eden pack? does an extension cab add more watts as well as air pushed?

You might enjoy a rack setup more with a power amp capable of producing a lot of headroom and a pre of your choosing. Of course for now just try out cabs, that's all you can do. People will say a million things about the difference in a 2x10,1x15,2x12 it's all subjective and no one says the same thing, so you'll never get a clear idea without trying them or listening to some youtube vids with good speakers.
Yea, it's got 150 right now and will do a total of 300 with an extension. What I meant about the 4x10 cab was that I tried one out and can't remember it being that much louder, so would a 2x10 add more to that due to the speakers receiving more power (per speaker)?
Dunno about that, but the 150 watts to 300 is only like 1-2 decibels more. You would have more headroom, and a bit more projection with additional speakers. I only mentioned a 2x10 because you'd probably find a nicer 2x10 for less than a nice 4x10. You'd probably be fine at 300 watts with a combined 4 10" speakers. If you needed more, I'd look into a new amp over more speakers.
sounds good, man, thanks for the help.
Just had a look at the specs on the Eden website. Do you know how many watts you're getting at the moment? If it's running with an 8 or 4 ohm load? From reading they can get down to 2 ohms which will give you 420 watts all up, so if the amp's currently running a 4ohm load (which would be getting you 330 watts) I'd recommend getting another 4ohm cab to pull that extra 90 watts out. I'd go for a 212 underneath personally. If it's running 8ohm then I'm not sure. You'd be getting 200 watts but I'm not sure if a 4 ohm cab would damage anything or not. I only do the easy questions .
A mate of mine runs a 210 and a 212 Eden cab out of a TecAmp Puma1000 and his tone is very nice and balanced, the two cabs compliment each other well.
A 212 will be a bit "louder" than a 210, one of the reasons being that 212s tend to push a bit mid range through.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Just had a look at the specs on the Eden website. Do you know how many watts you're getting at the moment? If it's running with an 8 or 4 ohm load? From reading they can get down to 2 ohms which will give you 420 watts all up, so if the amp's currently running a 4ohm load (which would be getting you 330 watts) I'd recommend getting another 4ohm cab to pull that extra 90 watts out. I'd go for a 212 underneath personally. If it's running 8ohm then I'm not sure. You'd be getting 200 watts but I'm not sure if a 4 ohm cab would damage anything or not. I only do the easy questions .
A mate of mine runs a 210 and a 212 Eden cab out of a TecAmp Puma1000 and his tone is very nice and balanced, the two cabs compliment each other well.
A 212 will be a bit "louder" than a 210, one of the reasons being that 212s tend to push a bit mid range through.

This is where I am never fully sure about. It seems to me people in broad sweeps say 10's are highs, 12's mids, and 15's low. At the same time some people get nit picky about individual speaker models and the speaker itself, saying a certain 10" gives more lows than anything, and 15's usually represent a great low mid range not boomy lows and vis versa. In the end, I myself find it rather hazy without a audio science background and some performance specs. I'd say it's most obvious difference is a little more paper being pushed.

I'd also email Eden about said 8ohm, 4ohm, 2 ohm issue. Someone recently told me my mark IV could run at 2 ohms (well I knew that) but prolonged use at 2 ohms was very hard on it, and could cause it pain in the long run? I could be horribly misinformed, or it's just that amp, but the company should know, and might recommend a good cab.

I might be wrong and a 2x12 would be best, but it seemed to me if he was having to pawn items or whatever to get by, he needed a cheaper, but quality cab, and a 2x10 is usually a bit smaller and light and cheaper, or a lot so that might be helpful in breakdowns and fitting gear.
Actually, guys, my amp is a bit different. Its not the one featured on Edens website because it was a rather...limited model, I suppose. Ill link the thread to that here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483277&highlight=cxc
It takes a while to get into it... but I think we discovered that the amp is a bit of a Frankenstein model, but still stock.
Email then, I don't know about Eden, but Peavey has been extremely helpful with everything, and I email them a lot (own lots of Peavey Gear). I assume they are a smaller company, and would be delighted to help and provide you with some info on your rare amp.