Hey guys. I'd like a new amp and I'm thinking of a Vox AC15,but I just want to hear what you guys might have to offer.

Right,so I play a B.C Rich Gunslinger Retro,the expensive one,not the budget version. I'm currently in the middle of a telecaster build,so the amp has to sound good with humbuckers and single coils.

I have a multi fx pedal,so it has to take pedals well,but that also means I can get my metal tones and a lack of effects in the amp won't bother me.

I play metal like slipknot, metallica,hard rock,rock and vintage rock. I also enjoy playing the softer side of rock/pop hence my telecaster build.

I'm not fussed whether it's new or used as long as it works

Doesn't really matter about the wattage,as long as I can practice with a band consisting of a bassist,another guitarist and a particularly loud drummer. I'll mic it at a gig.

I could order it or my closest city is Sheffield.

I like a 'big' sound but not an amp that needs a forklift truck every time I need to move it.

My budget is around 600 pounds I guess, I'd spend more if there was an amp that was just it.

I like my pristine cleans but the vox tone really appeals to me as well.

If I have missed anything,just tell me.
]
don't think i'd get a vox for metal (or even hard rock, really)

traynor ycv50b on thomann?

laney gh50L and decent cab (if you can find a deal on both). no real cleans, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Buying a Vox AC15 if you play metal is like bringing your fist to a gun fight.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You'll never get pristine cleans out of an AC15 jamming alongside a loud drummer, you'd need an AC30 for that.
Go have a look at some Laneys seeing as how you are in Britain.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't think i'd get a vox for metal (or even hard rock, really)

traynor ycv50b on thomann?

laney gh50L and decent cab (if you can find a deal on both). no real cleans, though.

I can get some really good metal tones out of my pathfinder 10
]
Quote by JesusCrisp
Buying a Vox AC15 if you play metal is like bringing your fist to a gun fight.

If I used a booster and a distortion pedal??
]
Quote by falcon1439

Play a proper tube metal amp and you'll eat your words.
Also your Vox amp is a modelling which is supposed to do many genres.

The AC-15 is basically a clean to crunch amp, which won't do metal without a distortion pedal. And playing metal on a clean amp with a distortion pedal in front is not quite the way to go.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Play a proper tube metal amp and you'll eat your words.
Also your Vox amp is a modelling which is supposed to do many genres.

The AC-15 is basically a clean to crunch amp, which won't do metal without a distortion pedal. And playing metal on a clean amp with a distortion pedal in front is not quite the way to go.

It ain't modelling thank god

And damn, I really like AC-15 cleans. Why can't I use a distortion pedal with it?
]
Quote by falcon1439
It ain't modelling thank god

And damn, I really like AC-15 cleans. Why can't I use a distortion pedal with it?

You can, but what's the point of getting an amp and slapping a distortion pedal in front of it to make it do what it absolutely isn't supposed to do?
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
You can, but what's the point of getting an amp and slapping a distortion pedal in front of it to make it do what it absolutely isn't supposed to do?

Because I don't know of any amps that do both cleans and metal,and I really like vox cleans. Unless anyone knows of an amp that can do cleans and metal?
]
I'm buying the Vox AC15C1 soon and trust me, you don't want to play metal through it. It's just not made for it.

Maybe you could look into ENGL? Also, if you like their cleans, Orange. Amazing drive channel on those things imo.
Quote by falcon1439
Because I don't know of any amps that do both cleans and metal,and I really like vox cleans. Unless anyone knows of an amp that can do cleans and metal?

In your price range Blackstar HT-40 or HT-60, maybe some ENGL.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Thanks guys. I'm not a fan of orange,but I'll check out the blackstar and ENGL amps. Please keep the suggestions rolling in
]
Quote by falcon1439

well i sure as hell can't get any out of my pathfinder 15

and it's a fair bit higher gain than any of the tube voxes i've tried

i mean... if you want the vox tone, then go for it. but if you want a range of tones, that's the wrong way to do it, imo, plus if you're not careful you'll end up having to buy about 3 amps. which is no problem if you have the money and room for three amps right now.

but if this amp has to do you for the next 5 years it's kinda silly.

Again, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man,the ENGL gigmaster 15 sounds good. Has anyone got one and willing to share there experiences with it?
]
i don't think the gigmaster is all-tube

screamer is probably the engl to look at at your budget (and you'd probably have to go used unless you come across a killer deal).

the traynor would still be (just about) within budget.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?