Hello!

I am looking for a new tube amp and would be interested in your views... I currently have a 100W Engl tube combo (1x12) with an addition 1x12 extension cab. I play original stuff, but the style is "dirty classic rock". I also have a KORG AX3000G pedal board which I use for all my effects.

For rehearsals I currently use the combo, without the extension cab and it does the job well. The drummer is pretty loud, but I am able to cut above him with my channel master volumes about half way.

What I am now looking for is a smaller, lighter alternative to this amp that I can mic up through the PA and / or use with my extension cab. For gigs that I need to reach by train, I'd like to be able to carry the amp, guitar and pedal with me, so small and light is the key. All gigs will be mic-ed up any way and monitors available.

As for the guitar, I'm currently using an OLP, but am also looking to make a purchase here - I quite fancy a Gibson SG standard - but am happy to hear suggestions on this too!!

I look forward to hearing from you - thanks in advance.

Reggie.
Orange TH30 combo, Marshall Studio 15 , Vox AC15, Hayden Mofo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
not sure about the weight, but the traynor yc50b is a pretty good price on thomann.

it actually wa £80 cheaper not that long ago, but it's still a pretty good price when you consider what else you can get for just under £500 in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Egnater Rebel/Renegade 1x12 combo maybe.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Thanks for all your suggestions! I've got a lot of researching to do!! Can't wait to try some of these out!
A modelling unit like a FloorPOD would probably be your best bet. Even the lightest tube combos are generally too heavy to carry round.

A lunchbox amp like a Hayden Mofo or Dual Terror would be great if the venues you play have guitar cabs you can use (not likely). You could just about manage a mini head in one hand and a little 1x10 cab in the other, but it's not going to comfortable. Both the Mofo and Terror come with a nice little carrying case with shoulder strap, which helps.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Kyle62 and AtaBorMan - you have made a good point here. Maybe I'm looking for something that just doesn't exist! Maybe if I shop around for a 1x10 tube combo and combine it with a small, collapsable trolley, I might just have a solution. Wouldn't be much worse than a suitcase on wheels on the train then! Cheers!
If you like the ENGL, just get a trolley.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.