I just bought a rectoverb combo and want to know if anyone has ever hooked one up to a 4:12 cab before?.
The amp sounds great The way it is. But come practice day, it won't be loud enough.
I'll be using a splawn with two vintage 30's and two g12t's. Or I will use a slant mesa that's not mine right now. I'll only use that if the splawn sounds like ass. Which it hasn't yet.
You must be mistaken. A 50 watt tube amp like the recto verb is definitely loud enough as it is to be heard over drums at a practice and even at small to medium gigs. And a 412 cab wouldn't make the amp any louder just disperse the sound a little more and add more bottom end. Just tilt the combo up, it will be loud enough.
Are you a mong?

That will be more than loud enough and your cab will be perfect.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'd be surprised if you couldn't drown out your drummer with just the combo.

And no, no one has ever hooked up a Rectoverb combo to a 412 cab. That would just be ridiculous and silly to transport. I don't even know why they included the speaker output.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 22, 2012,
u realize more speakers doesn't make it louder, right?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
OK. For starters, I had a 2:12 100Watt combo at practice last week and it sounded weak and thin compared to when I hooked up my head and 4:12 cab. The combo was an at100. The head was also an at100. The head and cab sounded much more full than The combo even though it's The same head unit used in each.

So yes, I DO know a cab won't technically make it louder, thanks. But it does fill out the sound in the room much more than the 2:12. And the 1:12 isnt gonna cut it.

I have a 4:12 splawn and a 4:12 bogner sitting in there going to waste. I was going to trade the rectoverb and some other stuff for a dual rec at the local shop. But liked the tone of the rectoverb... hence why I asked if anyone has heard a recto through a cab.

so, I will ask a slightly different version of my original question.

What would the pro's and con's be if I unhooked the single 12 of my rectoverb and used a 4:12 cab?
Sounded thin?

Sure its not broken?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
your sound will be more dispersed
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Tom 1.0
Sounded thin?

Sure its not broken?

Yes. Im sure it's not broken. It actually sounds amazing when no one else is playing, but we have another guitarist playing through a mesa 4:12 cab, a guy on keys, a bass player with a fifteen and a four ten, and a drummer who breaks an average of three sticks per practice.

We've all been playing in touring bands for over a decade, and have definate damage to our ears. We do play loud but it just seems to feel better when were at a volume that is up at the levels the drums are in.

My 2:12 doesn't seem to cut through the mix no matter what the settings are. If it's on the ground. We can't hear it. If it's off the ground. We can't feel it.

I just got this recto verb and love the tone. I wanted to hear if anyone has ever experimented with a rectoverb and different cabs. Or for that matter, any 50 Watt combo, converted to a head and used with a 4:12. I will be trying out my pod xt live, also trying my mxr full bore metal pedal. And will also be trying out the heads distortion.

Im going for a newer deftones kind of tone. Maybe a heavier Tool tone. Any suggestions would help...

Im coming from years of metal bands and have to tone down my blazing distortion...
Through the 4x12 you'll be able to play with feedback in more places across the stage. Love me a 4x12. It'll kick arse, man. The only con is the one you already know - 4x12's are big.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Through the 4x12 you'll be able to play with feedback in more places across the stage. Love me a 4x12. It'll kick arse, man. The only con is the one you already know - 4x12's are big.

Oh how I know. My band was sponsored by a music store for a little two week mini tour and they let us rent anything we wanted for free so we each to two mesa cabs and two Marshall cabs along for the trip. By the fourth show were were each playing through half stacks and leaving the other cabs in the trailer.
I've always used at least one 4:12 on the road and at practice.. Just never with a 50Watt combo on top. Always had at least a 100Watt head. Sometimes multiple. Some would say overkill but I've always liked the extra headroom. And I don't have to push as hard so it saves my speakers.