Hey, so I recorded a quick breakdown today to test out sound quality/drums programming and stuff like that. Would like to get some opinions on the sound. Obviously I realise it's a generic breakdown, but try to listen past that. How would I go about improving the sound of this 'mix'? What can I do to make it sound better?

The sound clip can be found on My Profile.

Thanks
Quote by guitar ben94
Hey, so I recorded a quick breakdown today to test out sound quality/drums programming and stuff like that. Would like to get some opinions on the sound. Obviously I realise it's a generic breakdown, but try to listen past that. How would I go about improving the sound of this 'mix'? What can I do to make it sound better?

The sound clip can be found on My Profile.

Thanks

it sounds great, in my opinion it sounds a little too tight, maybe lower the tuning or something to make it heavier.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
it sounds great, in my opinion it sounds a little too tight, maybe lower the tuning or something to make it heavier.

Thanks man Yeah, I recorded it in Drop C# because that's what my guitar was in at the time, but I'm normally in lower tunings, like B or A#.
Everything sounds too dry, imo. The guitar is a bit overgained too, I think; it just sounds too fuzzy. Overheads are mono as well which gives the drums no sense of space.

I'd add a lot more room to the drums and maybe a touch of verb on the snare. Also make sure you pan the OHs.
Let's party.
It almost sounds "too good", meaning it doesn't sound like a human is playing it. Like odirunn said, try adding some reverb on the snare and experimenting with filling out the background. Haha I've listened to this like 7 times now, humming over a guitar lead.