Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum; its the first time Ive felt like Ive had a song recorded thats worth getting critiqued.

Anyways, its on my profile, called Life in Black and White. Kinda influenced by Brand New and the Gaslight Anthem, but you can judge it however you'd like.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Mean+Mr+Mustard/music/

I can hear a few parts where my vocals are off, Im not a great singer, and also, there may be a few parts that arent synced too well between the guitars. Oh and by the way, I recorded this in Audacity, so these are just the raw recordings of the tracks I did.

But in addition to the recording quality (which isnt going to be too good) I just wanna know what people think of my song, and also, of my vocals. Personally, I hate my voice but Ive been told that thats normal so I dont know...
First off, the track in general is very quiet. The backing vocals were a nice touch. I think its normal to dislike the sound of your own voice. I think at parts it sounds as though youre struggling, that may be down to breathing technique? not really sure as i'm not a singer. The song itself is quite good though! Good job.
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512089
I like it, acoustic songs are always fun. Very good job layering the vocals. As slash said, it's very quiet, but also fairly dynamic, it does pick up quite a bit once you get into it. Your acoustic sounds really good, way better than mine did when I recorded it. I think this just needs a touch more polish and it could be amazing.
Quote by AnimeMH
I like it, acoustic songs are always fun. Very good job layering the vocals. As slash said, it's very quiet, but also fairly dynamic, it does pick up quite a bit once you get into it. Your acoustic sounds really good, way better than mine did when I recorded it. I think this just needs a touch more polish and it could be amazing.

Thanks man. Any suggestion for polishing it up? Im a beginner at recording, and am using Audacity :/
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Thanks man. Any suggestion for polishing it up? Im a beginner at recording, and am using Audacity :/

I'm not gonna lie, I'm no recording expert. In fact, the best advice I can give you is keep working at it. I recommend Reaper, if your computer can run it, it's free and is a pretty powerful program.

My biggest recommendation is up the volume. You want a little headroom, and definitely don't want any clipping on an acoustic song like this, but try upping the volume a touch, maybe keep a limiter on there. (It'll lose some of the dynamics, but I think it'll make it shine a bit better overall.)
Hey, thanks for the critique, sorry it took so long for me to critique back. This is pretty awesome, I really like it. Like the others have said next time you record try to up the volume a little bit, if possible. Your vocals work great for this style, I really enjoyed listening to this song. There are only a few places where the vocals got a little funky, most on high notes, but not bad. I don't know if you would be able to get your hands on an electric acoustic, if so you could go direct line in to audacity, that may help with the volume control, not necessarily the quality thought. Keep it up, this is great!