Hey. I've had my 2010 gibson les paul traditional for about a year now. No problems once so ever, great guitar. I play through my Splawn Quickrod through my 4x12 marshall cab (trying to include as much relevant info as possible). I have a delay pedal running through the effects loop so there is a decent amount of cables going on in my rig. Anyway, I was playing today and mid riff, the volume on my neck pickup selector suddenly died out. The knobs were cranked. The bridge and mid pickup selections work at full volume but there was a sudden drop in the neck volume. I could still hear it but it sounded very low compared to the other 2 pickup settings. It barely sounded distorted anymore, and when I switched to the clean channel, was still low. Do you think this is the pickup getting loose or something like that, or do you think its something in the amp head? Again, the bridge pickup and mid selection work at full volume and sound fine, so I don't think its the amp head, but IDK. Any help would be appreciated
Loose wiring maybe.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by fraculator
Hey. I've had my 2010 gibson les paul traditional for about a year now. No problems once so ever, great guitar. I play through my Splawn Quickrod through my 4x12 marshall cab (trying to include as much relevant info as possible). I have a delay pedal running through the effects loop so there is a decent amount of cables going on in my rig. Anyway, I was playing today and mid riff, the volume on my neck pickup selector suddenly died out. The knobs were cranked. The bridge and mid pickup selections work at full volume but there was a sudden drop in the neck volume. I could still hear it but it sounded very low compared to the other 2 pickup settings. It barely sounded distorted anymore, and when I switched to the clean channel, was still low. Do you think this is the pickup getting loose or something like that, or do you think its something in the amp head? Again, the bridge pickup and mid selection work at full volume and sound fine, so I don't think its the amp head, but IDK. Any help would be appreciated

contact cleaner (deoxit) on the switch contacts. gibson uses an older type of switch, it is open. the center position has both and IIRC the neck pickup would be the bottom contact (if holding it where you were to be playing. clean it up. i have had to do it a time or two.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Squirt some in the vol pot too and work it back and forth several times. If u don't have cleaner, just rotate it back and forth. They get fouled up occasionally. Listen for static when you rotate it and keep up til it goes away.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by cjstylez97
Possibly a soldering problem?

possible, but i don't think so. if it is working in the middle position you pickup is in the circuit properly, if either the bridge or the neck pickup (only one of two), the switch probably needs to be cleaned.

if the pickup wasn't working at all, i would think more of a wiring issue.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/