So I am using and RP255 but never could a chance to use it trough my computer. So finally decided to use, but can't find the cd of Cubase LE4. I have installed it yet, without CD I cant activate it. So can you guys tell me a free software to use it trough my computer or either a way to register it?
Quote by cemges
So I am using and RP255 but never could a chance to use it trough my computer. So finally decided to use, but can't find the cd of Cubase LE4. I have installed it yet, without CD I cant activate it. So can you guys tell me a free software to use it trough my computer or either a way to register it?

i am assuming you are using a windows OS. Reaper is a popular software DAW, evidently the free demo is limited bit good enough for most amateurs.

if you are using mac, then garageband should already be on your computer and you can use that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by cemges
Would it let me use my processor

how does it 'use your processor'? does the rp255 act as a USB interface? then yes, most USB interfaces will work with just about any DAW software (except stuff like Line 6 and ProTools that want you to use their proprietary software).

any DAW software should have some type of 'audio setting' menu where you can choose your audio input and output. when you plug in your rp255 to your computer, you should be able to choose it from a drop down list in the 'audio settings' menu.

if it's not an USB interface, and it has std 1/4" IO then you can plug it into your computer's input and use it that ways as well.

-ae
Quote by cemges

hmmm... i'm on to you.

mojostompboxes.com
So I got the input, but it also uses processor as output, while I want to use my pc for output
some software doesn't let you use separate inputs and outputs, some make you choose a single 'Input/Ouput' device.

-ae
Audicity is easy to use with the rp.

Reaper is only free for 30 days.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food