Page 1 of 2
What does The Pit think of hypnotism and hypnotherapy? I've tried the free tracks by Roseanna Leaton with some success. Personal experiences, questions, general discussion on hypnotism? Here's the place.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I really should put that in the OP. It says the gif isn't working though, but I'm not sure if that's because of you or my computer.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
We should hypnotize Represent into killing himself.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by shavorules42
I really should put that in the OP. It says the gif isn't working though, but I'm not sure if that's because of you or my computer.

I can see it just fine
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Hypnotists = Credit card scammers.

Those who believe otherwise would make good victims for them.
Hypnosis has proved not to exist, separate from willing participants. The sort of deep relaxed state can be very useful however.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Quote by Blargaha
Hypnosis has proved not to exist, separate from willing participants. The sort of deep relaxed state can be very useful however.

I came to post this, beneficial, but not in its intended purpose, most of the time.
Quote by skylerjames13
We should hypnotize Represent into killing himself.

Can't hypnotize people into doing things they wouldn't do naturally, you can only influence what they would already do. That being said, let's hope Represent has suicidal thoughts.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Hypnotism is a real phenomena, but I don't think hypnotherapy is very useful.

It depends on the person. If one resists therapy of any sort, it's not going to be of much help.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
My friend was in the audience of a hypnotist at Bamboozle and it was later in the day and he was mad tired. He accidentally got hypnotized, brought up on the stage, and was forced to dry hump another man to "Party Rock Anthem"
Quote by Twist of fate
My friend was in the audience of a hypnotist at Bamboozle and it was later in the day and he was mad tired. He accidentally got hypnotized, brought up on the stage, and was forced to dry hump another man to "Party Rock Anthem"

He wasn't forced. He wanted to hump that guy.

Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
He wasn't forced. He wanted to hump that guy.

I just noticed I'm in your sig. I feel honored.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by Twist of fate
He almost cried when we showed him the video

Fear of being discovered as a closeted homosexual perhaps?
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
I'm quite the hypnosis addict. Those self-hypnosis tracks are AMAZING stress relievers. If I come home after a particularly hard day, and nothing else works, I get myself hypnotized. I come out feeling refreshed. Odd thing though, I can only ever get hypnotized when it's a girl hypnotist (regardless of appearance) or a man with a deep Alan Rickman-like voice, and I'm not gay. Also, it really helps if they have a tiny hint of an accent.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
how are we defining hypnotism?

stage performers apparently controlling the minds of volunteers?

or the guided meditation that allows people to reflect on certain aspects of their personality?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Twist of fate
He almost cried when we showed him the video

He's a great actor.

Quote by shavorules42
I just noticed I'm in your sig. I feel honored.

Well what you said was awesome.

Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by iup788
I'm quite the hypnosis addict. Those self-hypnosis tracks are AMAZING stress relievers. If I come home after a particularly hard day, and nothing else works, I get myself hypnotized. I come out feeling refreshed. Odd thing though, I can only ever get hypnotized when it's a girl hypnotist (regardless of appearance) or a man with a deep Alan Rickman-like voice, and I'm not gay. Also, it really helps if they have a tiny hint of an accent.

Same here they're great.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
how are we defining hypnotism?

stage performers apparently controlling the minds of volunteers?

or the guided meditation that allows people to reflect on certain aspects of their personality?

Just to be clear, a true hypnotic trance is similar to that feeling right before you fall asleep where you can easily be jarred awake, but you're still not entirely conscious of your surroundings. Quite the relaxing feeling.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by ApatheticMe
i think it is....plausable...

the mind is a damn powerful thing....

You're damn right it is.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Jackpot.
I wonder how many people will understand this

Understand hypnotism or your reasons for saying, "Jackpot?"
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by Twist of fate
He was caught having sex with his friend's sister

Then I'm stumped.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
We talked about this in psych. I think it could be used in a good way to help people, but i don't think it should be used for entertainment. That's how it gets a bad reputation.
Colohue should get in here.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by skylerjames13
We should hypnotize Represent into self-immolating

yup

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
My experiences with hypnotherapy have been absolutely fantastic. I truly believe in its power. The first time i was hypnotized to fight my depression, i walked out a new person. it fascinates me to no end.

Here's my story.

I've had major depression for 4 1/2 years. It was one of the hardest things i've ever faced in my life. Every day I've felt like death. I tried CBT. Didn't work. I tried counselling. Didn't work after a year of counselling. Tried meds. Made me feel worse and i was so ill i couldn't work.

But after 1 hypnotherapy session, i felt so incredible i would've died happy on that day. I hadn't felt so at peace with myself in years. I have written down my accounts of being under hypnosis and what i remember seeing.

Does the pit want to hear the full thing?

Quote by RU Experienced?
Hypnotism is a real phenomena, but I don't think hypnotherapy is very useful.

Hypnotherapy is incredibly useful. It can be used to get rid of phobias, addictions, anxiety disorders, depression, even weight loss.

But hypnosis only helps you if you allow it to help you.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 22, 2012,
Alright so does anyone know the running price of hypnotherapy sessions?
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by shavorules42
Alright so does anyone know the running price of hypnotherapy sessions?

For me, it was very expensive. It was £35 an hour. But it was part of a 5- star luxury business complex.

Even though it was expensive, it was worth ever freaking penny.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I was thinking more along the lines of American pricing, but thanks I can just convert that. That puts me at around $55 an hour. I'm hoping that I can manage to find a smaller-run firm where hypnotherapy is used or even a college where they're doing research on it, preferably the latter because it'd more than likely be free. Worse comes to worse, I could always just buy the mp3's online.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by shavorules42
I was thinking more along the lines of American pricing, but thanks I can just convert that. That puts me at around $55 an hour. I'm hoping that I can manage to find a smaller-run firm where hypnotherapy is used or even a college where they're doing research on it, preferably the latter because it'd more than likely be free. Worse comes to worse, I could always just buy the mp3's online.

MP3's are OK. But in my experience, nothing beats chatting to a therapist one-to-one for an hour or two before hypnosis. Just for your therapist to get an idea of were the problems lie and to establish trust with each other. Building a relationship with the therapist makes the hypnosis even more effective.

Go for that if its possible.

Quote by Blargaha

Of course it doesn't help people who don't want help. Hypnotherapy is a tried and true method that works for people who WANT to get better. In fact the whole 'wanting to get better' idea applies to any psychological treatment. wanting to get better will always benefit.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 22, 2012,
I've seen people become hypnotized. It's hilarious (it was at a show at school one year)

I tried to get hypnotized with them, but it didn't work on me
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
lol hypnosis

Try being the baddest dick on the block. People do your bidding (and more if she's a 10) at the drop of a laser.
Be bad. Get bitches.
Page 1 of 2