http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/digitech-istomp-downloadable-stompbox

The above link is the Digitech iStomp. The description reads:

Quote by Musicians Friend
The iStomp works like traditional stompboxes. Step on the footswitch to turn the effect on and off. Adjust the knobs to dial in the sound. What makes the iStomp better than other stompboxes is that you can turn the iStomp into any pedal. Simply connect your iPhone to the iStomp and in about the same time it takes to download a song you can turn the iStomp in to any pedal from DigiTech’s Stomp Shop App.

So basically, you go to the app store, buy/download whatever pedal you want it to sound like, and then you essentially have that pedal. Here's a video demo (skip to 1:40 if you just want to hear a couple pedals, instead of a description).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4wyKkG9cpA

So, what do you guys think? Any plans to buy one? I was skeptical, but now that I've heard it, I'm considering it, provided that they have bass pedals as well.
I am very tempted. But I have Vox Tonelab LE and that has most things I want. If it were stomp/pedal, so I could have a Wah, then I'd be interested.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
That is a great idea, but they should make it open to the public for being able to run our own filters and effects. It being closed-loop in having to use only their software is rather... limiting to the potential of the hardware.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Interesting idea, but I have a feeling it will end up sounding like any old digital multi-effects pedal. Many of which you'll probably be able to get for half the price of that thing. At least with many of the multi-effects pedals you can use effects in conjunction and you don't have to wait for a certain pedal to download.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by darkstar2466
That is a great idea, but they should make it open to the public for being able to run our own filters and effects. It being closed-loop in having to use only their software is rather... limiting to the potential of the hardware.
From what I've been figured out, it seems they're trying to recreate a lot of other pedals; I've seen Digitech, Boss, Ibanez, Electro-Harmonix, Fender and Dunlop copies. I have no way of knowing how accurate they are, but at least they're not only doing Digitech pedals or anything like that.
But it'd be just one pedal...

Alesis just came out with a full blown guitar rig for the iPad, with a pedalboard and everything. It still looks kinda weak though.

I hope Native Instruments will get into the iPad medium with a mobile Guitar Rig app that'll work with the current GR pedalboard, which I have and is much more useful than the Alesis.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
HAHAAHA that's funny

TS is a funny guy

Edit: Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by CodChick at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by Xiaoxi
But it'd be just one pedal...

Alesis just came out with a full blown guitar rig for the iPad, with a pedalboard and everything. It still looks kinda weak though.

I hope Native Instruments will get into the iPad medium with a mobile Guitar Rig app that'll work with the current GR pedalboard, which I have and is much more useful than the Alesis.
I think I'd use it more just to be able to use different effects without getting a different pedal; I don't think I'd try connecting my iPod to it and changing the settings mid-show.
Quote by herby190
I think I'd use it more just to be able to use different effects without getting a different pedal; I don't think I'd try connecting my iPod to it and changing the settings mid-show.

But that's just the thing. iPads totally have the potential to do that. You can already do that with NI Guitar Rig and IK Amplitube. They just need to put that all in a mobile app. It's not that process intensive either.

If I could have it on my iPad, I could put the iPad on a stand and maybe even bring up the sheet music PDF while Guitar Rig runs in the background or something. That would be schweet.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by herby190

This is what I was thinking - I tend to grow tired of pedals or like experimenting with new sounds... being able to do that for 10 bucks a pedal after the first one is a lot more cost-effective than 100-200$ per new pedal!

That is.. only if they accurately recreate the ones they show there, and pull them off well.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by Alex Vik

So was I. OP's pedal seems like a cool idea, but it'd be just one pedal instead of a full set of tones, distortions, whammys, mods, delays or reverbs like on a modeler.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.

Thanks for the new sig line!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.