XJ's are taller. Taller frets are better for soloing and such but smaller frets are more suitable for chords & rhythm playing IMO.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
^^ all correct. Generally XJ frets require a lighter touch to get a clear soudning note so they can allow for more fast and agile playing and easier bends, smaller frets require progressively harder fingering but do offer a diffrerent feel which I for one, love.

Also, XJ frets can lead to similar problem as to what most guitarists would find when playing a scalloped neck for the first time. Because they are taller, depressing the string too hard can lead to a slightly sharp sounding note. Obviously it's not as bad as a scalloped neck but it can happen (happened to me anyway, I've got heavy fingers haha) and does require a slight adjustment in playing style.

As the others have said though, it's all about feel. Play a few guitars with different frets and see what you like.
i have never had a problem with playing them over any other fret. i suppose some people are more affected, but i can't think of a reason why. i do have pretty flexible hands go as far as playing different types of a guitar, i can go from a 50's Gibson LP Neck to an Ibanez Prestige wizard profile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/