C4C means "Criticism For Criticism"

Just means you agree to check out someones material because they checked out yours.

Anyway, throughout the guitar there is constant hiss, if I knew what you were using to record I might be able to tell you what was causing it, might just need a noise gate on a certain track.

The rhythm guitar seems to be very central, best to double the guitars (record two tracks separately and pan them 100% L/R). The solos seems to a be bit too high, they dominate the mix way too much, some of it seems either a tad out of key, or maybe your guitar might not be tuned, simple fix either way. The drums need some beef to them, try sending the audio to another track and put a compressor on it, or put a compressor on the master track for the drums if you have one.

Lastly, I am not sure if I can hear it or not, but the low end seems lacking with the exception of the residual resonance from the guitar, is there a bass track in there?
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Last edited by The Uncreator at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by The Uncreator
C4C means "Criticism For Criticism"

Just means you agree to check out someones material because they checked out yours.

Anyway, throughout the guitar there is constant hiss, if I knew what you were using to record I might be able to tell you what was causing it, might just need a noise gate on a certain track.

The rhythm guitar seems to be very central, best to double the guitars (record two tracks separately and pan them 100% L/R). The solos seems to a be bit too high, they dominate the mix way too much, some of it seems either a tad out of key, or maybe your guitar might not be tuned, simple fix either way. The drums need some beef to them, try sending the audio to another track and put a compressor on it, or put a compressor on the master track for the drums if you have one.

Thanks for the criticism.
I tried to get rid of the hiss. I spent about four hours on it, but I could not figure it out.
By too high, do you mean too loud or something else?
There is a bass, so I think it is too weak.
Last edited by DirtyChain at Jan 22, 2012,
c4c mean crtitisism for a critisism(i probably spelled thta wrong) just means youll listen to something if thye listen to yours peice

i liked the whole feel of the peice had some out of key moments not sure if intentional but it worked as a whole
my favorite part was the ending
not saying that asan insult i like how you ended it

the solo or whatever guitars were too loud but i do like this peice
Quote by supersac
c4c mean crtitisism for a critisism(i probably spelled thta wrong) just means youll listen to something if thye listen to yours peice

i liked the whole feel of the peice had some out of key moments not sure if intentional but it worked as a whole
my favorite part was the ending
not saying that asan insult i like how you ended it

the solo or whatever guitars were too loud but i do like this peice

What areas sounded out of key?
I am already working on the volume problem.
Quote by DirtyChain
What areas sounded out of key?
I am already working on the volume problem.

let me listen to it again to find the times where i heard a bit of dissonance(i like dissonance)
now that i read^ it might just be a bit out of tune
Last edited by supersac at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by supersac
let me listen to it again to find the times where i heard a bit of dissonance(i like dissonance)
now that i read^ it might just be a bit out of tune

Ok. Thanks
I did use my 15 year old guitar to record, so I am going to rerecorded( not sure if that is a word)with a newer model when I have time.
Quote by DirtyChain
Ok. Thanks
I did use my 15 year old guitar to record, so I am going to rerecorded( not sure if that is a word)with a newer model when I have time.

cool id love the hear the finished version of it
Quote by supersac
cool id love the hear the finished version of it

Thanks for the support. I might not be able to rerecord it, but I'll make a completely new track in about a year.