Hey guys,

I have a DigiTech Whammy pedal that isn't coming on. I am fairly certain that it is the power source (at least, I sincerely hope so because of its price), but I lack the necessities to check that assumption.

Does anyone more experienced with pedals know any troubleshooting tips that may help me out? Any advice or tips would be great!

I can't remember which model it is, but it's a big, blocky, red pedal with like 15 different settings on it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
What are you using to power it? The Whammy needs it's own adapter for power, you can't use a typical power supply/onespot/etc.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
What are you using to power it? The Whammy needs it's own adapter for power, you can't use a typical power supply/onespot/etc.

I'm using the adapter that came with the pedal--never used anything else with it.

I think I might run by the physics department on campus sometime and see if a prof. I had can check it with one of those electrical devices. Whatever they're called.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
I'm using the adapter that came with the pedal--never used anything else with it.

I think I might run by the physics department on campus sometime and see if a prof. I had can check it with one of those electrical devices. Whatever they're called.

Alright. So the pedal won't come on at all? As in, the lights won't even turn on? Check your cables too (just to be safe). Have you had anything weird happen recently with it? (Sketch power, dropping it, etc etc).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
No, no lights come on at all. The outlet is the one that my laptop is usually in, so I know it's functioning.

It hasn't been jostled around or anything, either. Just waiting patiently next to my amp to be used. It's a complete mystery to me why it decided to not work so abruptly.

Also, sorry for the slow replies on my part--not able to check back often. Thanks for your continued interest in my woes!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

?
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Is the adapter still held in by the pressure of the jack? My current whammy has a loose jack so it won't power on unless I apply pressure from the top. Waiting for a replacement jack.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I've known quite a few people that have had issues with this pedal, specifically power/grounding problems. An old friend of mine went through three before he found one that didn't produce a static electrical hiss/noise due to poor wiring/construction. Think the general consensus is that the older Whammy pedals are of better construction quality from what I have heard.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Last edited by jukejointjohnny at Jan 24, 2012,