Please help me pick a topic. I like theoretical physics a lot, so I thought maybe I'd write about black holes, the uncertainty principle, hawking radiation, GTR/STR, or gravity.

Or maybe... the Higgs Boson. >_>

Anyone care to suggest topics, or elaborate on those given?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by TheSPillow at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Figure out what my sig means.

I commented on your page about it the other day. y u no answer?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
What's the meaning of life?

Blow everyone's mind, I challenge ye.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
You could assess why a unified theory of everything isn't out there yet. Like why specifically QM and GR don't go well together, shit like that.

Or compare/contrast the different explanations and interpretations of quantum mechanics.

If somebody doesn't die from your experiment, you're doing it wrong

(If somebody does die, hit me up, I may have some...interest...in your methods)
Be bad. Get bitches.
Quote by Enigmatic564
Do something about dark matter?

****ing this guy
Be bad. Get bitches.
talk about god TS for your Science Fair Research Paper.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Electromagnetism and fields will make for an easy enough paper, while also being interesting to do. You can even throw in some particle/antiparticle stuff when talking about how electrons and positrons act in a magnetic field.
Or to put a spin on the magnetism, explain how and/or why Earth's magnetic poles shift every x amount of years (Can't remember the number)
Quote by Enigmatic564
Or to put a spin on the magnetism, explain how and/or why Earth's magnetic poles shift every x amount of years (Can't remember the number)

The sun would be more relevant, because it is actually due to flip rather soon, if I remember correctly.

Yep, sometime in 2013. The cycle is every 11ish years.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Jan 22, 2012,
Quote by Dirge Humani
The sun would be more relevant, because it is actually due to flip rather soon, if I remember correctly.

Yep, sometime in 2013. The cycle is every 11ish years.

There's also the sunbursts that will be going on this year. It's not going to end the world, but NASA said that it could potentially shut down a couple power grids
Quote by TheSPillow
Please help me pick a topic. I like theoretical physics a lot, so I thought maybe I'd write about black holes, the uncertainty principle, hawking radiation, GTR/STR, or gravity.

Or maybe... the Higgs Boson. >_>

Anyone care to suggest topics, or elaborate on those given?

Black Holes? That's rather Racist!

Uncertainty Principle? Why would anyone do that to a cat?

Hawking Radiation? Hot Loogies!

Gravity? That's some heavy shit.

Higgs Boson? Are you catholic?

GTR/STR that is workable.
Quote by Enigmatic564
It probably has to do with the buildup of ice at the poles and the inherent instability of a spinning sphere.

Short form, the ice gets heavier, the caps flip to the equator.
The poles switch, not the planet
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by High&Mighty
You could assess why a unified theory of everything isn't out there yet. Like why specifically QM and GR don't go well together, shit like that.

Do you guys think the Higgs Boson is too much based on conjecture to write about?

It's not even proven... yet.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by TheSPillow
Do you guys think the Higgs Boson is too much based on conjecture to write about?

It's not even proven... yet.

If your paper is meant to be argumentative I guess that could work. I have to write a paper about a scientific controversy and I was thinking of doing that.
cat