Hey everyone,

I'm new here. My name is Morgan, I'm 21 years old and have been playing Guitar since about 13. Music has always been one of the biggest passions in my life ever since an early age. It's given me strength when I couldn't find it anywhere else. That's why I am reaching out to my fellow musicians.

I was born with a condition called Cystic Fibrosis. It is a genetic disorder that is classified as a lung disease but also can affect your liver, pancreas, digestive system and any basically any other organ that has cells. I was diagnosed at 2 months old so for as long as I can remember life has been a battle. I've been hospitalized more times then I can count and have had hundreds of IV's and operations. The average life expectancy now is 37 years old, but unfortunately many pass away before their mid 20's. I was told I wouldn't live to see 3 years old, but here I am. As you get older, this disease grows progressively worse but due to the many therapies that can keep you "healthy" for a few months at a time, it's not considered deadly and there is no government funding. All money for medical research comes from the generous donations of everyday working class people. Every year an event is held called "Great Strides". It's held all around the world and has accounted for millions of dollars towards research.

Great Strides is upon us once again this year. We had a good year last year, but this year we're going hard! This year, I'm not only asking for help from you, but we're going after large corporations to lend a hand to donate and help research for Cystic Fibrosis. Thanks to the efforts of everyone last year, research has been BOOMING. Kalydeco, a new drug currently in a Six month priority review, is the first drug EVER that targets the underlying symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis and is the closest to a cure we have ever had. All this is thanks TO people like YOU! The government does not fund this research, it's all thanks to the generous donations you give that give children and adults alike a second chance at life and chance to finally breathe.

Within the next few years, I believe CF will then stand for "Cure Found" but we still need the funding to push this and other drugs in trial to the public! I'm living proof of the impact these donations have. If you could visit my page and make a donation, it doesn't matter how big or small, it would mean the world to not only me but for everyone suffering from this disease along with those we've lost this year. All proceeds go directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. If you could pass this letter around and help out, that would be amazing also! Also, when you visit my page, you can become a member of my team and set up your own great strides page so people can know who or why you help in the fight against CF. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and helping find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis and give chances for a new tomorrow.

To donate, please go to : www.cff.org/great_strides/MorganGrindstaff

To learn more about Cystic Fibrosis, visit www.cysticfibrosis.com

www.facebook.com/CaptainMorgan7890

Peace&Love everyone. \m/
Last edited by cystik1 at Jan 22, 2012,
That's mildly touching.

Quote by ethan_hanus
I do not possess the ability to read that much.

Accuracy is always necessary.

Quote by cystik1
The government does not fund this research

I was about to post K Koo, but I think that would make me a terrible person.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by ethan_hanus
Correction, I don't possess the attention span the read all of that, especially without paragraphs, and colorful pictures to help me understand things.

Now you know, Ethan.
I request the banning of anyone who posts the didn't read lol gif in this thread.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Go advertise somewhere else.

Edit: Wait a second. I recognize you. Haven't you made a thread on here before on a different account? Your name is familiar.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 22, 2012,
This real? Not to sound like a dick but...
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
100% real man. That's why I linked my donation page, facebook, all that. Even if I don't get donations, it spreads awareness.
Okay, I thought you were just one of, if not the only, positive adbot I've ever seen on here. Kudos to you for spreading the awareness though.
****, this depresses me. I'm heading back to the kitten thread.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Thanks man! The more people that know about it the better. Just trying to do my part.
Quote by cystik1
I would get banned for raising awareness for a good cause?

Pretty sure you can't post personal links and all that stuff...wasn't really a good idea to post a facebook profile in the first place.
Well, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't a scam and I wasn't a bot.
Quote by cystik1
I would get banned for raising awareness for a good cause?

Idk, since it's your own account, and you are getting the donations, and it's your first post...you might. For all we know you are trying to trick us, wouldn't be the first time someone used a donation foundation for their own benefit.
Actually, the donations just go to my team's stats and at the end of the year all the teams in the USA are put in like a top 20 to see who raised the most. You can check it out on the website. But the donation money goes straight to the CF foundation. But, I get what you're saying.
Last edited by cystik1 at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Idk, since it's your own account, and you are getting the donations, and it's your first post...you might. For all we know you are trying to trick us, wouldn't be the first time someone used a donation foundation for their own benefit.

Grundy and Metalbolicmaggot are the cuntiest of all the UG Cunts.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Grundy and Metalbolicmaggot are the cuntiest of all the UG Cunts.

What was all of that about again?
cystik1. I will not donate to the link you provided but I do make regular and substantial donations to CF foundation at Cheo hospital in Ottawa. My little sister also has CF and i have watched her struggle with it and battle it her entire life. I know how hard it can be to have this illness. She is now 17 and is a straight A student. She never drinks or does any drugs and I am more than proud to say she is my sister. She also plays guitar as well as piano and the flute. I support you and I hope for the best in your life cystik1.
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
10/10 for effort
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fridge, that's awesome! Glad to hear it. Are her lungs still doing good or is she close to transplant?
She has some of the healthiest numbers for her age and weight class in CHEO. Her PFT's and everything are usually at acceptable levels. As to har far she is from transplant I'm not sure. I'm not really told that far into it. Mostly cuz out Mom is VERY touchy on the subject. Non the less she is the most fearless and brave person I have ever met.
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Quote by KnightBand
What was all of that about again?

Grundy told everyone he had cancer, and that he wanted to travel the world as his last wish. Metabolicmaggot was the guy who pretended his parents had sent him to some behavioral modification camp in the middle of the desert, and that he ran away so he wouldn't get sent back. Both are now permabanned because they apparently duped some of our stupider users into sending them money via Paypal.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Dude, you came out of hiding to quote my post? I'm so honored.

I haven't seen you around in forever.

I've been around more so than usual for the last two months

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
That's great. My Mom thankfully beat me over the head with it while I was younger and got me to realize "If you don't do your therapy, YOU WILL DIE" so I've always had pretty decent lungs. They've fallen some as I've hit my 20's, but that is to be expected with anyone with CF. The older you get, the worse it gets. I just got out of the hospital on the 4th of this month after a 3 week stay and my PFT's were 87% which is the highest they've been in about a year and a half so I'm really excited for that. My weight was also up, which is the hardest part for me.
Grundy told everyone he had cancer, and that he wanted to travel the world as his last wish. Metabolicmaggot was the guy who pretended his parents had sent him to some behavioral modification camp in the middle of the desert, and that he ran away so he wouldn't get sent back. Both are now permabanned because they apparently duped some of our stupider users into sending them money via Paypal.

Ah, I remember the whole "behavioral camp" incident, didn't remember Grundy though.
weight is an issue for my sister as well. She takes advantage of it be finding out what of her favourite foods contain the proper nutrients and things she needs and she goes nots on my parents to buy crap loads of it haha. So far she is doing fine on all fronts. This thread reminds me that I need to pay may family a visit sometime soon.
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
I've found for me that lots of protein works and my doctor gets me these nutrition bars for free and I eat those all day along with ensure weight gain drinks. They've really helped pack on the pounds. But that's great she's doing good. And I'm glad it could remind you to visit! haha. You never know how long you have with people, especially with CF. I've lost so many friends it's unbearable at times. All we can do is just love em while they're here and spend as much time together as possible. Which I'm sure you know that.