Hey pit, im not a bot .

I recently walked out on my shift (overnight) after my manager gave me a load of crap, customers moaning and my co workers being knobs and haven't been back since (Saturday night).

My contract states that i need to give a written notice of a week but i don't want to work there another minute, i was meant to go in last night but didn't and don't want to speak to the business manager about 'problems' or put up with his bullshit
another minute.

Can i not just never go back?

How does this stand legally/any repurcussions or experience of this and how do i avoid having to work the notice?

Ive already posted on www.ultimate-lawyer.com

They can dock your pay if they wish, but as far as legal problems, I don't think anything bad will happen.
You don't have to do anything. If you don't want to work, don't. But they probably wont give you a good recommendation on your next job if someone asks.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
You don't have to do anything. If you don't want to work, don't. But they probably wont give you a good recommendation on your next job if someone asks.

Sure, ive only been there 1 month and a half, i won't even mention them on my future application.

If it arises, i will explain why i left.
Meh, it's not really the honourable way to go out, but there's no real repercussions. Just dont use them as a reference and if you're asked why you left, say personal reasons
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by smokedereefa
Sure, ive only been there 1 month and a half, i won't even mention them on my future application.

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it then.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
if you're planning on applying for unemployment, i think it can hurt that.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
In australia I'm pretty sure you're allowed to drop and go and they MUST pay any unpaid wages, etc. BUT, they are allowed to with hold any benefits owed to you like paid leave and so on, if you've got anything like that saved up in the first place.

that's a bit hearsay-sie but its about right.

I'd imagine in the US it's either very similar or they have the right to sue the shit out of you.

EDIT:^that's true in australia as well actually, if you voluntarily quit your job you are ineligible for any government unemployment payments (the dole) for something like 8 weeks.
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by smokedereefa

If you do, do yourself a favour and please don't tell your prospective future employer that you left

after my manager gave me a load of crap, customers moaning and my co workers being knobs and haven't been back since (Saturday night).

Because quite frankly, that's the day to day life of most base level and customer service (read: most likely to to hire you) jobs out there. Every manager has the capacity to give you shit, and he'll immediately read that as you not doing what was asked of you, not an inept manager. That alone is enough for him to overlook your resume and move on to the next applicant. Customers are a pain in the ass, learn to deal with it. Co workers in these dead end positions are either students who want to be there as little as you do but need to collect the paycheque, or deadbeats who have made a career of this shitty job out of necessity.

If you absolutely MUST explain, say something like there was a difference of opinion, and you decided to cut your losses and pursue another avenue of employment, and leave it at that.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Quote by Diamond Dave
In australia I'm pretty sure you're allowed to drop and go and they MUST pay any unpaid wages, etc. BUT, they are allowed to with hold any benefits owed to you like paid leave and so on, if you've got anything like that saved up in the first place.

that's a bit hearsay-sie but its about right.

I'd imagine in the US it's either very similar or they have the right to sue the shit out of you.

EDIT:^that's true in australia as well actually, if you voluntarily quit your job you are ineligible for any government unemployment payments (the dole) for something like 8 weeks.

Sorry forgot to mention, im in the UK and im paid fortnightly

I won't be eligible for the dole i know that but id rather be unemployed than constantly treated like shit by managers.

Cheers for reply guys.
you should just stay on and be the biggest nuisance until they fire you. maybe you can still get paid to go to work and piss off the people who've pissed you off.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by guns for hire
I
Because quite frankly, that's the day to day life of most base level and customer service (read: most likely to to hire you) jobs out there. Every manager has the capacity to give you shit, and he'll immediately read that as you not doing what was asked of you, not an inept manager. That alone is enough for him to overlook your resume and move on to the next applicant. Customers are a pain in the ass, learn to deal with it. Co workers in these dead end positions are either students who want to be there as little as you do but need to collect the paycheque, or deadbeats who have made a career of this shitty job out of necessity.

If you absolutely MUST explain, say something like there was a difference of opinion, and you decided to cut your losses and pursue another avenue of employment, and leave it at that.

I agree to everything you said but i will not be treated unfairly or disrespectfully by some prick of a manager because he thinks hes so much better than me.

I will not mention it but like i said if arises i will say something like you say, i wont tell them i walked out mid shift lool.