Page 1 of 2
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
It's only january and I think this will be the best thread I've read on a forum all year.

+1
Last edited by Olliecs at Jan 23, 2012,
Hmm, be careful. Don't buy a metal one because you can double ground the solder joints inside the pedal which can cause failure to the unit. Unfortunately Boss don't cover that under warranty but fail to tell you that
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.

Winning
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Make sure you buy one with a flight case, because of you don't, when you're vacuuming your room and if your pedal isn't covered up, the tone will be sucked out and will NEVER RETURN..............
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by kutless999
Make sure you buy one with a flight case, because of you don't, when you're vacuuming your room and if your pedal isn't covered up, the tone will be sucked out and will never return.

+1

It's so good to visit a forum with such knowledgeable and informed members. People forget simple little things like flightcasing your gear to stop the tone escaping.
You need a power supply for that pedal so that you can maintain a constant stasis of flux in the crystal lattices of the looper. That's very important for a good sound because it preserves the fragile harmonics that would otherwise shatter like glass. Those fragile harmonics are the key to the tone, and destabilise the anharmonic balance according to Rory C's Thesis.
Is your pedal at a 37 degree angle in relation to your amp?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Remember, it sounds best through a telecaster with dimebuckers.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
NO! A pedalboard wont help. Get serious. Consider how you're recording into it. If you're going direct from guitar into looper, maybe you have issues with cables, connectors, etc. I record through an interface onto my computer, convert the file to proper 16bit WAV. and then upload it onto the looper. Sounds great. And if you're wondering why everyone gave you sarcastic and smart@$$ answers, it may be because you did not think out the question better on your own.
a2 + b2 =c2, right?

If that's true, than you pedal needs to be the exact distance from your amp as it is to your guitar for it to equal c2. So, if the pedal's five feet away from your amp, than you and your guitar need to be five feet away from the pedal for it to work.
If you ever have to dust it, make sure that you use helium gas (you can just use the balloon helium tanks) to do it. There are special particles on the surface of the unit which help the sound reverberate through the device better. This in turn gives a much better sound. Without the particles, the device will sound extremely dull.
this entire thread

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you have the choice of wood (I hear some companies offer customizable pedalboards for less price), I'd go for ash - in my experience of pedalboards, the ash gives a much better sound.

Also, a purple pedalboard will give the best sound possible. Something about the purple paint seems to make the internal components work much better.
Last edited by HenryB at Jan 23, 2012,
^This, unless it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Some people will probably be pissed off at me for saying this, as it's a bit of a secret, but if you spread 9.56g (no more, no less; you'll damage your unit) of cat-nip over your pedalboard, it will actually boost your amps wattage by 50% (a 50 watt amp will be boosted to 75 watts).
Quote by NakedInTheRain
^this. and if you tilt your guitar the right way, you can play megadeth through a valve junior.

And if you turn your guitar upside down, the gravity will pull the electrons in the valves downwards, giving you a thicker sound.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by forsaknazrael
Refinish your boss in tweed, it breathes much better after that.

Nah bro, nitrocellulose will REALLY make it breathe. Gives it bigger lungs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Ok ok, I'll admit it, pedalboards don't make your pedals sound better.

But I'll tell you a secret that KNOW ONE ELSE KNOWS.

When you vacuum your room, and if you vacumm too close to your pedals, the tone starts to get worse each and every time you do it. BUT, there's a fix for that;
http://vacuum-cleaner-advisor.com/Most-expensive-vacuum.html
That vacumm right there ^ has special crystals on it that actually increase your pedal's tone each and every time you vacumm next to your pedal! They've actually invented it for this reason. So If you don't get that vacumm, you can say good by to your pedals FOREVER.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Exactly, crystals=tone

So if your vacumm or pedal board doesn't have crystals on it, your tone will slowly fade.... Fade.......

Crystals and tone go together like milk and cookies.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jan 23, 2012,
I second the paint it all purple

example:
Prince + purple = mega hit Purple Rain
Wait, you like the rolling stones, right? Yeah, I thought you did. In that case, to get their tone, for the pedal board, I'd paint it black.
Put a light bulb in the chain.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
And make sure the light bulb has crystals on because crystal light bulbs= true bypass
i mean really?? what kind of immature crock of shit waiste their time posting ignorant replys to a simple question.
What kind of "crock of shit" posts such a ridiculous thread?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Sometimes this happens to me, and it's very costly -
Here in the Canadian rainforest we have fire ants and anacondas. Ok this is the important part here pay attention. Sometimes while you sleep they can very carefully sneak inside your pedal. You read that right. Fire ants and anacondas are the #1 reason pedals, amps, and other guitar accessories break, in Canada at least. Make sure you snake-proof and fire ant- proof your house, because it is only covered in warranty for one (1) week. This isn't a joke like everyone else, I'm actually serious.
Quote by jrock05
i mean really?? what kind of immature crock of shit waiste their time posting ignorant replys to a simple question.

Serious answer here.

No, a pedal board will not make your pedal sound better. Everybody is responding the way they are because pedalboards don't make ANY pedals sound better.

Perhaps you have a defective unit. I would suggest you replace the pedal, or maybe look into a different looper like the Digitech Jam Man or the Line 6 looper.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Page 1 of 2