Poll: Guilty of Game Rage?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guilty of Game Rage?
My Xbox is in for repairs. (extreme rage)
8 8%
I think about punching babies (mild rage)
57 60%
My console and I are as one (rageless)
30 32%
Voters: 95.
Page 1 of 2
My sister used to get so pissed off playing video games, and I always thought it was hilarious. "Calm down!" I'd say. "You're totally overreacting"...

Until now. I've been playing Mortal Kombat 9, and trying to clear the challenge tower is killing me. Shao Kahn makes me want to meet the developers so I can punch them in the face so hard that they go back in time and make him less of a bastard.

I'm one vein in my neck away from throwing the controller through the TV. How many of you are guilty of Game Rage? And what was your lowest point?
Quote by shmeegle
Until now. I've been playing Mortal Kombat 9, and trying to clear the challenge tower is killing me. Shao Kahn makes me want to meet the developers so I can punch them in the face so hard that they go back in time and make him less of a bastard.

Snap!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I got mad when I was in like 5th grade. Nowadays when a video game starts irritating me I just stop playing, but I don't play video games much anymore so meh.
West Ham United
Trying to get Tidus' Celestial Wepaon in FFX.

You had to do the Chocobo race with a time of 0:00:00.

I thought I'd managed it after a days worth of trying, and then noticed my time was 0:00:01.

I flipped my shit and launched my controller at the wall, breaking it.

Strange thing is, every time after that I've tried to do it, it's never been a problem.

I don't really rage these days though.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I get annoyed by my players on fifa when they **** up a easy header, bunch of pricks
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Fifa 12 makes me rage
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
i curse and yell at my TV screen from time to time. most of the time I probably just need a cigarette.
it's not even the difficulty that gets to me either, it's glitches and shit of that nature.

nothing makes me want to throw my xbox out of my window more than when a game freezes after an hour of unsaved play, or when my old xbox would pull "Damaged Disc" bullshit when there was nothing wrong with the disc. sometimes it couldn't even tell there was a disc in the damn console.

wooh. i'm getting my blood pressure up just thinking about it... i need to smoke.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by metacarpi
Trying to get Tidus' Celestial Wepaon in FFX.

You had to do the Chocobo race with a time of 0:00:00.

I thought I'd managed it after a days worth of trying, and then noticed my time was 0:00:01.

I need to buy a ps2 so I can finally finish that game. I never go so far as getting celestial weapons. I tried taking on dark ifrit a couple of times but with no armour or weapons break it was a total waste of time.

how are you supposed to do it in 00.00.00????
A few years back I played Final Fantasy: Dissidia. It really pissed me off because the harder difficulty computer players blocked/dodged my attacks at such an inhuman level; the frustrating part is that I could really tell that the program basically chose what moves to block and when to let one through really inhuman-like.

To be fair, dodging and blocking are quite easy in that game and I'm sure it is relatively easy to actually be perfect at it.

It actually made me twist my PSP around a bit in my hands until I could hear it creak a little, but I never broke/threw it.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
i have lost many controllers and counsels from rage, my favorite story though was when playing pokemon crystal, i found a shiny golbat in mt. silver, and went to throw a ball and my box was full, i never found all of the pieces of that gameboy.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Goal glitchers in EASHL make me wanna destroy all human life.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by shmeegle
I need to buy a ps2 so I can finally finish that game. I never go so far as getting celestial weapons. I tried taking on dark ifrit a couple of times but with no armour or weapons break it was a total waste of time.

how are you supposed to do it in 00.00.00????

Collecting balloons knocked a couple of seconds of your time if I remember rightly.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
also, i can't play multiplayer games with a headset anymore due to the irritating douches i'd have to listen to.

i don't play many anymore either cause i got tired of dicks that kick you from a game for not being good enough. i got to be Tank once in L4D and got shot to shit cause the survivors all used that exploit in the one part of the hospital where they climb up the wall. all i heard was "you suck" and i was booted. why so serious?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. I threw my controller to the ground many times and eventually broke the vibration thing inside. So when it vibrates it does it all funky.

Funny thing is, the game is so incredibly easy when you learn how to use the combos in the right orders.

I've been known to throw controllers quite a bit, but usually I don't get too flustered unless something is just incredibly repetitive and monotonous.
When I was trying to give up smoking I'd rage and squeeze the **** out of the controller. In extreme cases it'd get thrown at the door.
Quote by Alex_WK
I get annoyed by my players on fifa when they **** up a easy header, bunch of pricks

Or when they hit the goalpost on an easy shot. Fuckers.
Quote by Mack56
Or when they hit the goalpost on an easy shot. Fuckers.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Insta-death at every spawn get's me. Not at the game so much as the people who designed it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by ssjmitch
i have lost many controllers and counsels from rage, my favorite story though was when playing pokemon crystal, i found a shiny golbat in mt. silver, and went to throw a ball and my box was full, i never found all of the pieces of that gameboy.

That must have sucked a lot. Apparently the odds of getting a shiny are 1:8192.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...

Oh yeah, so much this.

It's cool, though, since I always score around ten goals in every game.

*conveniently forgets to mention that he plays in the easiest mode*

I tried playing in World-Class once. I won 3-2. The goal difference made me feel insecure.
Anyone who's got Forza 4 will know about rage by way of AI. At least half the AI characters are cunts. Some will go across track just to take you out and stop you overtaking.

Madden 12, receivers, Y U NO COMPETE FOR BALL?
Megaman. The first Megaman game I actually played seriously was X3. Not having played any of the Megaman games before, I didn't know that the very last stage is actually broken up into a few stages, which was 4 in X3 if I recall correctly. What it meant is that if you don't finish all the 4 in one sitting, you gotta do it all over again.

I got past the first of these stages after much difficulty (otherwise I wouldn't have raged in the first place), and decided to go do something else. I came back and found out I had to do the first stage again.

I used to rage at my dad because we used to play Street Fighter Alpha on one keyboard, and he tends to hold down redundant buttons, which made it hard to control the characters as the keyboard would jam. I remember one time he said he doesn't play with sore losers, and that shut me up for good. Kind of grateful for that, actually.

Nowadays I don't rage at single-player games. Don't recall having raged at an MMO before, but I doubt I'm that mature.
Sonic the Hedgehog. Seriously I used to beast that game when I was 5 or something, now I'm lucky to get to the second level
POWER METAL

SYMPHONIC METAL
PROGRESSIVE METAL
GROOVE METAL
Quote by trickster47321
Sonic the Hedgehog. Seriously I used to beast that game when I was 5 or something, now I'm lucky to get to the second level

Thing with this is you get cocky. You think it's gonna be a breeze compared to the games of today (and because you ****ing OWNED the game back in the day), so you just start and try and blaze through it and jump straight onto a crabs fireball.

Ruined.

that's before you make it to the labyrinth. Where you wait for a bubble, but it NEVER comes.
It's why I don't play cod.

That was gonna give me a heart attack and a few blown arteries
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I have a Nintendo Wii.

Mario and the gang don't really fill me with rage; more a tranquil, at-one-with-the-world type of serenity.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Alpha Edition or whatever the hell stupid name it had on Gameboy Advance. Endurance mode being played on a DS. DS went across the room into a wall, came out undamaged.

Cracked the moulding for the battery pack on an xbox 360 pad because of Skate 2.

Broke a mouse slamming it onto a desk playing Counter Strike (1.6).

Not game rage, but still. Totalled a floppy drive punching the front of my computer when I get fed up of my old graphics card failing. Which it did, a lot.
I once shot my power glove in Reno just to watch it die.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i rage at minecraft if my whole ****ing world corrupts for no god damn reason.
skyrim when everybody decides to attack me even with no bounty. was invading whiterun and the stormcloaks and imperials both decided i was their enemy then to top it off the whole game crashed.
and call of duty. because call of duty.
though, i've never broken an xbox or anything to do with it due to rage.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Snes FF5. Playing on emulator so i can state save. Raining outside but who cares the power never cuts off right?

Finally beat Chimera final form and characthers are doing the after battle talk. As i go to save a new state the power blips off then right back on long enough to reset the comp but not make me have to press the power on button. I had a new keyboard that evening. One of the few times i've truly raged.

I usually just drop my controller on the ground and come back later. My brother on the other hand has thrown a cordless phone at me over Nascar 2000 on the N64.
Knowledge is power
Trying to get the Marathon achievement on Trials HD, 20 tracks with no fails. It gets me really annoyed just now.

I also cut up my black ops disc cause I was so fucking sick of it.
The combat system in Uncharted 3 really, really, really pisses me off. I beat most of the game and am on the last level but it just isn't worth the hassle to try and beat it
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I used to get pretty pissed when I was younger (console) and now I rage at games on my phone or ipod. What pisses me off most is when people are just like "it's just a game lol y u mad tho''

IT'S NOT JUST A GAME YOU ****, I'M A LEVEL 13 SPARTAN GLADIATOR, SUCK THE FATTEST PART OF MY....
pinga
I rage at almost everything I play. I don't take it out on the hardware though, I usually just go from being slumped over on the sofa to jumping up and runnign around the room in circles yelling at the characters/myself/people I'm playing with.

One time I was really angry at something else though and I broke my printer's paper tray in half.

I rage at stupid games on my phone way too much though. I threw my phone across the room once and it hit my cousin on the head and he got so mad at me he threw all my shoes in a river.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 23, 2012,
Page 1 of 2