It was just reviewed so i saw it on the UG homepage, its the Schecter Hollywood classic.
i've always wanted a Schecter, and hot damn does this look like the perfect one. I tried looking into it a little further, apparently theyre not getting manufactured anymore, so my hope is to get one second hand...

Does anyone own one or has played one? whats the best way to get my hands on one?
That is beautiful.....

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
Quote by Y00p

It's good to have an affordable most-beautiful-guitar-I've-ever-seen, I guess.

Agreed... although I do usually go for the most expensive ones...

Gear:

Quote by Xiaoxi
i have seen the hollywood classic and it is actually really nice but that stiletto, Daaayum
Quote by cip 123
i have seen the hollywood classic and it is actually really nice but that stiletto, Daaayum

OH GOD THAT'S EVEN BETTER!!!!

Gear:

Quote by Xiaoxi
would it help if i told you its also neck through an ebony finger board and has coil splitting? just drooled all over my keyboard
I just did something else all over my keyboard.... sorry

Gear:

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by cip 123
would it help if i told you its also neck through an ebony finger board and has coil splitting? just drooled all over my keyboard

Not really, as that doesn't change anything about the aesthetics.
my heart aches for it! Im from Australia though, not the UK.

a website I'm looking at is saying its $4490.... /wrists
Quote by cip 123
would it help if i told you its also neck through(1) an ebony finger board(2) and has coil splitting(3)? just drooled all over my keyboard
1: on a cheap guitar like this, that's not a good thing particularly. In fact it means next to nothing other than the tone will be a bit brighter than if it were a set neck due to the large amount of maple. Neck-through is only a big deal when you're talking about high-end instruments where the maple used is going to be very good quality and will really add to the sustain. In fact in a guitar at this range - and one with a laminate neck and body, not to mention the split top meaning there's at least nine pieces of wood here - neck-through is more likely to provide less sustain than if the guitar had a more basic 2-piece body and set neck construction, or a good bolt-on.

2: again, nothing special. Ebony isn't as 'exclusive' as some manufacturers make it out to be and it doesn't really offer anything a maple fretboard wouldn't; it doesn't need a finish of course, but with larger frets like those found on this kind of guitar you're unlikely to touch the fretboard itself anyway. Tone-wise it's nothing special. Of course most people only liek it for the all-black look, but even that is a lie. The vast majority of ebony has brown streaks in it and it is very rare to find a piece of ebony large enough for a fretboard which is entirely black. Especially on a guitar in this price range it's utterly unheard of; what you have there is regular, common ebony that has been dyed black.

3: coil splitting is the easiest, quickest and cheapest mod you can do and it adds very little. The vast majority of humbuckers do not sound particularly great when split, usually either sounding like a weak P90 or akin to a cheap single coil like those found on Squier guitars. To get a decent split tone you have to either have one coil made with separate pole pieces (which gives you a good Fender-style tone but also greatly effects the humbucker tone) or you need to give each coil its own magnet and basically wind the pickup like two P90s stuck together (which will makes humbucker mode ridiculously muddy).

If you like this guitar, great (though you really should play one for yourself before you start sucking it off). But don't ever claim any of those three points are what may make it good. One can easily be a negative, one is irrelevant and one can be applied to any guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
God fibble I dont ever remember you being this much of a snob.

TS,

If you really want that guitar PM me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
God fibble I dont ever remember you being this much of a snob.
Just stating the facts. A coil split switch isn't a selling point.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
actually i have played the guitar and thought it was great so i think you'll find i can suck it off according to you fibble. the guitar is £500 off reduced from £1000 and i was telling the guy about the guitar since there is no description
I'm reminded of that scene in Arrested Development, when Micheal sees what his son's girlfriend looks like for the first time. (link to audio ).

I am not impressed
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
I'm reminded of that scene in Arrested Development, when Micheal sees what his son's girlfriend looks like for the first time. (link to audio ).

I am not impressed

haha wth!

i'm from Australia though, otherwise that UK site would have been perfect
If you really want it I can act as a middle man.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Schecter to make some really nice looking guitars.

Been a fan of the B-1000 series basses for ages, and even though the basses I own are better I still want one because it's just such a good looking bass.

Wait... the B series are ESP, my bad. Still Schecter make awesome ones too
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by Tom 1.0
If you really want it I can act as a middle man.

ill definitely keep that in mind, thanks Tom

Quote by ChemicalFire
Schecter to make some really nice looking guitars.

Been a fan of the B-1000 series basses for ages, and even though the basses I own are better I still want one because it's just such a good looking bass.

Wait... the B series are ESP, my bad. Still Schecter make awesome ones too

mm i agree, they really do make beautiful instruments. I'm just worried it wouldn't be suited for my bands genre, "Rock, alternative, pop" since they're notoriously a metal guitar. i've only ever played them in shops though without an amp so i can't get a good feel for them just yet
Last edited by MissPopo at Jan 23, 2012,
Depends what you mean by 'alternative'. Schecter are very much an 'alternative' brand, but that's in the traditional sense of 'alternative' being the cousin to grunge and goth. Over the last few years though I gather that 'alternative' is now often used to refer to indie/britpop-style music, so in that sense no, Schecter don't really suit (that's more of a Fender jam, bolt-on necks and single coils).

Of course, really you can use whatever guitar you want for anything. I use a thinline Telecaster for grunge, a 7-string for pop-rock, a Firebird for metal, a Jazzmaster for gothic metal and an ESP super-Strat with EMGs for classic rock and funk. ESP are a 'metal brand' (in fact they and Schecter are owned and operated by the same people in the same places), but that doesn't stop Ronnie Wood and Richie Sambora from using them.