No.

Let the flaming begin:
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Probably sucks.

By the way, for the love of god, who even wants digital effects in their amp?
they got good reviews in a couple of guitar mags but you have to kind of wonder if the fact that marshall is a big advertiser had something to do with that. MG series amps aren't as bad as they are made out to be but do take a fair amount of time and tweaking to get a serviceable tone out of them. you're better off getting something else like one of the cheaper tube amps that are available these days.
I own a Roland Cube 40XL. It sounds really cool on cleans, but the distortion sounds pretty digital... I think that a Blackstar HT-5 would be good for my current budget
Quote by Edward1892
I own a Roland Cube 40XL. It sounds really cool on cleans, but the distortion sounds pretty digital... I think that a Blackstar HT-5 would be good for my current budget

everyone thinks you're crazy edward.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
The MG series is to guitar amps as Call of Duty is to video games. Ultimately temporary, a new one released every year, scant improvements over the last one, and they want to transport you somewhere else (the MG wants to make you feel like a rockstar, Call of Duty wants to make you feel like you're in an action movie)

Unfortunately, neither of them are very good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by monwobobbo
they got good reviews in a couple of guitar mags but you have to kind of wonder if the fact that marshall is a big advertiser had something to do with that. MG series amps aren't as bad as they are made out to be but do take a fair amount of time and tweaking to get a serviceable tone out of them. you're better off getting something else like one of the cheaper tube amps that are available these days.

No, they are worse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
No, they are worse.

Going to have to disagree with you again. Still not saying they're great amps, but they aren't the terrible amps people here say they are.

I'd assume this new model is an improvement on the older one, but it will still have a long way to go before you could really call it a good amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Honestly, I'd take a MG over another Roland Cube.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Raijouta
The MG series is to guitar amps as Call of Duty is to video games. Ultimately temporary, a new one released every year, scant improvements over the last one, and they want to transport you somewhere else (the MG wants to make you feel like a rockstar, Call of Duty wants to make you feel like you're in an action movie)

Unfortunately, neither of them are very good.

Bravo, chap. You're being too kind, though. I'd think it rather akin to asking your parents for the Star Wars SNES game for Christmas and instead getting the Tiger handheld version instead. Sure, it has the big Star Wars brand name, but what you get is a lobotomized hunk of junk.
I am a fake mountain.
I can't believe some people say they "aren't as bad as the hate they get"

They're ****ing terrible, easily the worst amp that I've ever heard.
MG's are like a Morris Minor with a Rolls Royce grill. Got the name up front but everything behind it is a piece of crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
MG's are like a Morris Minor with a Rolls Royce grill. Got the name up front but everything behind it is a piece of crap.

Compared to Marshall's main amps, yes.

If they still used the Park brand for their lower cost amps, people would hate them far less.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet - and an MG by any other name would be just as crap and hated accordingly.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
saying they aren't as bad as people say they are would imply that there are worse amps.

I can't think of many worse amps.

I definitely can't think of any worse amps for the same price.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Arguing what makes a good amp with a guy that makes amps.

This is a battle you cannot win.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
People that claim they arent as bad as they make them out to be must be losing some hearing. they are awful amps with no dynamics whatsoever.
Quote by lemurflames
Arguing what makes a good amp with a guy that makes amps.

This is a battle you cannot win.

The only thing that makes a good amp is whether people like it or not. It is purely opinion. Just because someone makes amps does not make his word the only truth.

Some people believe MGs are the worst amps in existence. Others believe they aren't that bad. I have yet to see anyone describing them as better than OK, but there are probably people out there who think they're great (not just Zakk Wylde).

Unfortunately, some people believe their opinion to be fact. If all the posts saying how bad MGs are started with something like "in my opinion...", all would be well in the world. Unfortunately they don't, people state this as if it were a fact.

It is only the way these messages are posted which is wrong, not necessarily the content.

(For the record, I'm not denying that I may have done this with poorly worded posts in the past, but I only ever mean to present an opinion).
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
TBH apart from n00bs and tone deaf people., marshall mgs sounding shit is such a widespread opinion its probably the closest thing to a fact in music.
The sun rises, grass grows, birds sing, and brother, the MG is shit.

It's just a fact of nature, man.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The sun rises, grass grows, birds sing, and brother, the MG is shit.

It's just a fact of nature, man.

I respect Cathbard's opinion over the opinion of some kid that received an MG for Christmas as a gift or someone that defends the MG just because they don't like jumping on the bandwagon.

Opinion doesn't mean much when it comes to the Marshall MG series. Anyone that likes them or enjoys them is going to be dismissed as a total nut. It may as well be a fact, the MG series sucks. As far as I'm concerned, it is the worst you can get.

Seriously. If you enjoy them, you have never heard or played a decent amplifier.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2