Just wondering if you guys have heard of/tried/rate the Hayden Peacemaker 60 watt valve stack. I'm after a new amp and this one is on offer at the local store. Looks a good rig and is going on offer for £199 for the head and £269 for the cab (412F) - LESS THAN HALF PRICE! I know musicians such as Simon Neil form Biffy Clyro and the guitarist from Pulled Apart by Horses play through Hayden amps.

It's 60 watt valve and looks fantastic.

I play a lot of metal all the way through to my band which is more classic rock/hard rock styled.

Looks very reasonably priced. Just wondered if you guys have got any views or opinions etc.

Cheers
The 412F looks good - Eminence Redcoats and that. Are you on the Academy Of Sound site by any chance? I got a Hayden Peacemaker 4x12 for £99 delivered from there - ridiculous price and it didn't sound too bad at all.

Hayden make good gear but their budget stuff is pretty unreliable and 'mediocre' is the word that springs to mind.

The Peacemaker head is basically the old Ashdown Fallen Angel rebadged, which was an ok beginner valve amp but you could do better for £200 (Bugera, perhaps).
Quote by kyle62
The 412F looks good - Eminence Redcoats and that. Are you on the Academy Of Sound site by any chance? I got a Hayden Peacemaker 4x12 for £99 delivered from there - ridiculous price and it didn't sound too bad at all.

Hayden make good gear but their budget stuff is pretty unreliable and 'mediocre' is the word that springs to mind.

The Peacemaker head is basically the old Ashdown Fallen Angel rebadged, which was an ok beginner valve amp but you could do better for £200 (Bugera, perhaps).

Yeah I am! lol
I only live 5 minutes from the store you see, so I could pick it up myself
Yeah possibly, I guess I'd need to hear it for myself really.

Any recomendations for head's that price range?

Just in case anybody wants to know, I play a Washburn WM526 and a Fender Telecaster.
some good deals on some engls there, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?