Hey guys! I'm having this issue I can't seem to resolve with amps^^ I bought a Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube 212 amp and I really think, that this amp has a nice thick tone. My favorit amp settings are the 6505, Krankenstein and the Rectifier. I don't really use effects while playing, only the tubescreamer.

So, my problem is, that I can't change channels while playing if I don't buy a sanper I / II. I just cannot afford any of those pedals right now. 70,-/170,- would literally rip a hole in my pockets. So, I kinda thought about trading my Peavey for a Bugera 6262, that already comes with a footswitcher. I would have to pay 500 euros for both sanpera and Vypyr to have full controll over everything, altough I don't really use effects since I'm more of a rhythm player.(I never solo)
The Bugera 6262 and the footswitch would cost me only 338,- + ~100,- probably someday with a tubescreamer = 438,-

It really bugs me, because if I would lay another 100,- on the table, I would be able to get a 6505 112. Even if the Sanpera 2/1 have a lot of settings/tweaks, I still consider it a ripoff not to get a simple 2 channels footswitch with an amp like this.

So here I am, asking myself if it would be a tone fail / stupid to move to the bugera 6262 from my Vypyr, altough I NEVER ever tried the Bugera 6262. I know the 6262 is copying Peaveys 5150II/6505 whatever, and that one of my all time favorit bands is using those Peavey models -> Machine Head - I really dig their rhythm tone, also there are some pretty decent sounding 6262s on youtube that made me turn to this baby. I wouldn't cry over the none-existing effects if I was getting the 6262, so this isn't an issue. All I'm using with my Peavey is like I mentioned: Tubescreamer & Reverb

Well, I know this got a bit too long and I'm also sorry for asking stupid questions, but this is the second problem that's kinda killing me right after my tooth at the moment. And to repeat again, I love the sound of my Vypyr. I just don't think I'll be able to pulverize another 170,- to get the Sanpera II.

Thank you guys!
Last edited by Shadowsghost at Jan 23, 2012,
Do you use the effects on the vypyr at all? If you do, then factor in buying those separate stomp boxes if you switch to a 6202 or 6505.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
No I'm not using them at all. Only the Tubescreamer is on. I also have a Vox AD30VT modelling amp right next to the Vypyr^^ That's why I thought about the swap. I'm just afraid to risk my tone over an amp that I've never tried before. Altough I heard, the 6262 should have a bit more low end than the Vypyr, I'm still concerned about my decision.
get rid of the vox vt and get the footswitch with that.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
The Vox is probably like 5 years old and the used market over here is dead as ****. It was my first decent amp and I love it to death. : /
Save and get the Sanpera.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well it's gonna take a while until I will be actually able to buy the sanpera, but still I'm asking myself if it's worth the 500,-
Look at it this way: Do you need the versatility of the Vyper? If no, see A. If yes, see B.

A. Sell it and get the 6505+ 1x12.
B. Save for the Sanpera.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well the 6505 was just an ex. of how expensive the Vypyr + Sanpera 2 would be, what about the 6262?
And yea, I get what you're saying.
If you like the vypyr, sell the Vox and save up.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Sounds reasonable..... still, would the 6262 keep up with the Vypyr? Not in the versatility, but in tone.
You'd have to play both and decide. Everyone has their tastes :P

If you were local to me, I'd probably make an offer on your vypyr 120
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs