Not sure what to do here, within a week or so I'm going to have about seven pedals from different manufacturers.

How do people go about this, I was thinking of getting a load of rechargeable 9V batteries. Otherwise a Boss Daisy chain set up to the 'centre-negative' ones (whatever that means but I know it's important )
What type of pedals are they? Some manufacturers are sneaky and change the positive and negative tips in there pedals so its not the same power supply plugin for each pedal; however a lot of brands run the same style.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/godlyke-power-all-pa-9d-9v-digital-power-supply-deluxe-kit/150471000000000

you can use something like that to power a bunch of pedals off one outlet, its nothing super fancy but can get the job done in a pinch.

Just read all the instructions and it will specify if that pedal is center negative I believe the kit I posted above has the connector for reversing the polarity as well.

Hope this helps!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Most pedals today are 9v center negative, chassis ground, type powered. As long as all the pedals are just that, then the manufacturer doesn't matter. Get a decent power supply that is capable of around 1.5 to 2 amps (1,500 - 2,000mA.) and has a daisy chain cable or if you can afford, has multiple power outs. Check all the pedals and be damn sure they use 9v center neg. first though. If you need other voltage setups, there are a variety of power supplies out there that will do it, but some can get expensive. If you list the pedals, we may be able to better answer your question.
Depends on what the internal ground is too. There are a few positive internal ground pedals out there. If you have some of those they need their own isolated power supply. This has nothing to do with whether the connector is +ve or -ve tipped.

What pedals?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Dunlop has something for that. Like a multi feeder. So you just have to select right cables.
Hey thanks for the great info again - basically I get paid this week so I'm gonna get a whole load and not eat in February.

I've already got :

EH Little Big Muff
Boss MD-2

Will get :

Okko Dominator
TC Electronics Corona Chorus
ISP Decimator
Diamond Compressor
Dunlop has the DC-Brick. It does 9v and 18v. But first decide what you need, if all you need is 9v center neg. you can get a Visual Sound 1-Spot with cables for $36.00 at Guitar Center. The DC-Brick is like $120.00 I think. There are a ton of more capable power supplies, but they get real expensive. First decide what you need, then we can help steer you towards the appropriate power supplies. Power supplies like the Dunlop DC-Brick & MC403, Godlyke Power-all, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power's, etc. get upwards to $300.00 or $500.00 range.
Quote by Chargrill3d
Hey thanks for the great info again - basically I get paid this week so I'm gonna get a whole load and not eat in February.

I've already got :

EH Little Big Muff 9v
Boss MD-2 9v

Will get :

Okko Dominator
TC Electronics Corona Chorus 9v
ISP Decimator 9v
Diamond Compressor 9-24v so 9v

Only one I don't know is the Okko. I'd go for the VS 1-Spot first.
Quite simply - an stunningly useful bit of info there....

I'm based in the UK and the 1-Spot is £30 which is nothing!! My worries are practically over

EDIT : from the Okko site :

'You’ll need a regulated 9VDC adapter with the 2.1 mm "barrel plug" and negative center pin (standard for the very most pedals of Boss, Ibanez, Fulltone and many other pedals).'

So that's covered by the 1-spot as well. Superb!
Last edited by Chargrill3d at Jan 23, 2012,
Normally if something has a +ve internal ground they'll tell you or at least say "use a separate power supply."
Looks like you'll be fine. Just add up all the current consumptions for the pedals and make sure the supply can handle at least that much.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The 1-Spot is like 1.7A (1,700mA), it can handle all those, I looked up the current consumption at the same time I looked up the voltages.

Works off British voltages too, just need to buy the adapter for the different prong layout.

http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/products/pedal_power_supplies/new_1_spot_combo_pack/
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jan 23, 2012,
Almost everything is negative tip anymore.

Older Electro-Harmonix are the only ones I have that aren't. Big Muff Pi, Small Clone, etc.
I've taken delivery of the thing and it works perfectly - amazing value for money. The big disappointment has been the Okko Dominator which doesn't sound anywhere near as good on my Blackstar HT-5 as it does on Youtube.

That's going back tomorrow