inb4boobz etc.

I mostly lurk here and try to learn as much as a can about gear and stuff as I can from this forum and also post where I can....but...BEHOLD MY WALL OF TEXT!

So my one local guitar shop has an interesting deal; you bring in your old gear, they'll evaluate it and whatever they evaluate it as will go towards paying for a new piece of gear. Right now I'm sitting with 4 pieces of gear that I don't really use:

A Maxwell Les Paul copy. Definitely the worst make of guitar I have ever come across - it's currently taking up residence in the garage
A Cort Strat. Part of a starter pack and my first electric guitar. It really serves as my mess-around guitar and doesn't really leave my room ever
An old Starfire Mega-10 amp. It was given to me by one of my sister's ex-boyfriends. Right now it's a bookshelf.
A Johnson classical guitar. I only ever play it when I go camping - which is about twice a year.
Now I don't expect this stuff to be worth too much, but at least it's some contribution to new gear and I'm getting rid of old stuff I don't use anymore.

On top of this, the same shop also has another special going at the same time: any gear that has been used a bit in the shop and/or has been shop-soiled has been knocked down in price by quite a lot. By the looks of things, most of the stuff that has been reduced could probably pass for immaculate-condition 2nd hand stuff, if not a bit better, since the stock (presumably) hasn't left the shop, but I suppose it will vary depending on how many customers have tinkered with it.

Since I have no other idea of how to get rid of my gear (and give it to people willing to take it), I recon I may as well use it to get some new stuff and use these specials to my advantage.

Today I went down and tried out an Ernie Ball Wah which has had it's price reduced considerably. I tried it out (yay! more shopsoiling!) and it's in fabulous condition so I recon I'll grab it. Oh yeah the sound was pretty good too.

What else do you guys recon I could try to score? I play a lot of metal (mostly melodic death metal, think In Flames and Dark Tranquility), a little bit of jazz and classical - but I already have a monstrous classical guitar But at the moment I'm really a bedroom player. My budget starts at the bottom end of nothing and could potentially stretch to about R5000 or so without gear evaluation. ($1 = R8.15 at the mo) but also remember that a lot of stuff is a bit more expensive here.

At the minute I have a PRS SE Singlecut, a Roland Cube 60, as Boss ME-70 and a Takamine EAN60C. My other junk doesn't count. I don't like trems, I'm a fixed-bridge man. And I love my humbuckers and passive pickups, but I won't say no to a single coil within a humbucker configuration. I also like heavier guitars. I'm open to any kind of materials and construction type.
I want to get something nice, so I'll probably have to spend all my money on that one thing (in addition to the wah).

Another amp? I saw a Vox Night Train 15 watt amp which tickles my fancy. It seems pretty versatile and looks like it can do nice cleans as well as crank teh br00talz according to Vox's promo vid, but I'll of course try it in person and I just may be able to afford it. But damn, amps down here are pricey and they mostly stock Vox, Fender and Laney it seems.

Maybe grab another guitar? I'm debating whether to go more metal or more jazz to my current PRS. Ibanez and Cort looks like the go-to crowd for a jazzier guitar and Ibanez, Jackson and Hamer look like the more metal scene. But I also saw a Fender Tele which sports two humbuckers and a semi-hollow body and I thought

An acoustic guitar? I've actually never owned one. I've always stuck to classicals - partly because I started on a classical and then I began with classical training shrotly afterwards. I didn't look at any in the shop though, but I know that they stock a lot of Cort and Ovation, a bit of Fender and Ibanez and just maybe some Crafter - but I'm unsure.

Pedals? Pedulz! Need I say more? There are just too many options for me to think about right now

GO!

tl;dr I saw my brother naked and I think I'm now sexually attracted to him.
Just try everything you get your hands on, if you dig it and it works for your application, then get it. Remember, you get what you pay for ( for the most part). Even if you're a bedroom warrior, don't get crap equipment just for the sake of saying you have it.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
tl;dr I saw my brother naked and I think I'm now sexually attracted to him.

Grab the whammy.
Quote by Pyrax87
Just try everything you get your hands on, if you dig it and it works for your application, then get it. Remember, you get what you pay for ( for the most part). Even if you're a bedroom warrior, don't get crap equipment just for the sake of saying you have it.

Yeah, I definitely know that. When it's come to buying stuff "you get what you pay for" is pretty much the one-liner I live by. I would like a new amp, but I'm not sure if I have a strong enough reason to get one since my Cube 60 serves my purposes fine. But who says needs a reason when it comes to GASing?! I'm just looking for opinions as to what could be the best direction for me to go to. Opinions form others makes me thinl, ya know.

Oh an about the tl;dr I don't have a brother so chill. was the first thing that came to mind

Quote by Basti95
Grab the whammy.

Last edited by UnmagicMushroom at Jan 23, 2012,