^TBF though if you're wanting a nice clean sound EMG's are not a good place to look.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Was the Het set designed after the Snakebyte was released? If it was before, then

Silly ESP.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Emg het set is just designed. Altough, they couldn't add them until Metallica's liscence renewal for 12. So they are now adding them.
Quote by ChemicalFire
^TBF though if you're wanting a nice clean sound EMG's are not a good place to look.

60 in the neck sounds sweet as feck for cleans.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Quote by ChemicalFire

When I said grungy I meant in terms of the grime that builds on them

As for 'Clean' sounds, these sound better than almost any clean I've ever heard coming through passives. They are amazing pickups and its not fair for you to judge them based on emg's normal pickups and not based on actual experience with these particular pickups.

They are the best pickups and by far the most versitile EMG's I have ever used.
Quote by syntheticocean

As for 'Clean' sounds, these sound better than almost any clean I've ever heard coming through passives .

Are you comparing them with ceramic passives? Because they can't have a better clean then passive alnico 5 and alnico 2 pickups.
How they answer to tone and volume controls? I think for getting a nice clean you can lover the tone and volume some, but as i heard actives don't give great response to that
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw come on, you can get a perfectly good clean out of EMG's. It just won't be the best choice for playing clean. But most metal players don't need a superb sparkling clean. 99% of the time it's overdrive anyway.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by LP_CL
Aw come on, you can get a perfectly good clean out of EMG's. It just won't be the best choice for playing clean. But most metal players don't need a superb sparkling clean. 99% of the time it's overdrive anyway.

And this is the exact reason why if i am getting a metal only guitar i will put dual 60's in it, already have a guitar with an EMG 60X on the bridge and it sounds DOOM enough for me hehehe. And can dish out quite the nice cleans at the same time \m/
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
60x in the bridge? WTF!? 60X is availible for bridge, or you use it like that? I know that active neck pickups do nice on bridge, but how good can it be... Can you please upload a sound demo of it, i am really interested in that
Sadly bro this said guitar is in California right now and i'm in New York, but i MIGHT go to Cali in a couple of weeks, nothing set yet, but if i do i will be sure to do a couple of demos of it, if you add me as a friend here i will be sure to remember to send those to ya bro.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
funny the het set comes in the LTD truckster and not the ESP version? thought the het set were suppost to be essentially better versions of those EMG models

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by LP_CL

That's kinda what I meant. I'm not really a fan of the brittle overly clear EMG clean sound.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
That's kinda what I meant. I'm not really a fan of the brittle overly clear EMG clean sound.

If you can get 'Overly clean' you can always dial it back. Its the pickups that CANT get overly clean that are a waste of money.
Quote by cemges
Are you comparing them with ceramic passives? Because they can't have a better clean then passive alnico 5 and alnico 2 pickups.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X