Page 1 of 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16687487

Chingford dog attack: Man admits guilt over mauling

A man has admitted allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control after a six-year-old girl was mauled in a north-east London park.

Gary Hindley, 56, of Chingford, was held after part of the girl's ear was severed in the attack on Saturday.

Hindley pleaded guilty to a breach of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 at Thames Magistrates Court.

The victim's father said the dog attacked several times, circling them in what he likened to a "shark attack".

Hindley was arrested after handing himself in at Chingford police station.

He has been bailed to appear before the court on 13 February for sentencing.

The dog has been seized.

'Lot of blood'

The girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was attacked by the dog in front of her parents at Pole Hill in Woodberry Way, Chingford.

Her family were trying out a new telescope when the dog struck.

The girl's father hit the dog several times but the dog refused to let go.

He said the victim and her mother "ended up on the ground and the dog ripped the majority of [her] right ear off".

He continued: "[Her mother] lay across [her] to try and protect her and as a result has suffered multiple injuries to her arms.

"There was a lot of blood."

The father said his daughter is "a remarkable little girl who is very popular and full of life and loves to sing and dance".

'Biggest nightmare'
He added: "We are reading her stories and trying to keep her upbeat - she understands what has happened to her."

The father revealed she had always been scared of dogs, calling the attack "her biggest nightmare".

He went on: "I can't imagine her ever going to the park again.

"It's going to make it difficult for us to ever go over the forest, to ever go over the park, to ever be on a beach."

"I'm going to be stuck with that image in my head."

Det Sgt Stuart Cheek, of Metropolitan Police, said: "This was an appalling incident that left a young child with serious injuries which are likely to scar her for life."

Discuss
Last edited by Novacane... at Jan 23, 2012,
Don't know what there is to discuss...

I was about to ask if your girlfriend had anything to do with it, i heard she has a taste for ears
Man gets arrested.
Dog gets off. Typical really.

It was a bull terrier too. Bought and raised by dickheads to be more aggressive than they already are.
Quote by Shabalaba
Don't know what there is to discuss...

I was about to ask if your girlfriend had anything to do with it, i heard she has a taste for ears

Whether dogs are bad or not.

And whether you would have done the same in the dog's position.
i've avoided fights in high school by warning kids that they might be able to kick my ass, but i'll bite your ****ing ear/nose off if i have a chance.
Quote by institutions
An ear for an ear, eh?

Now all he needs to do is go and have his way with his sleeping friend
I heard someone say that there's "no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner".
There's a topic that seems suitable for discussion.
I disagree completely, there's moody dogs as there are moody humans. Owners may add to the dog being psychotic but it's not the only reason.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

sometimes dogs do weird shit.

a teacher i had got bit by his friend's dog for absolutely no reason. he'd known the dog for years and it just up and bit him one day. he went to the hospital and opted not to get stitches cause they'd have to report it and if the dog ever did it again they'd have to put it down.

my aunt's dog was super weird. once i was watching TV next to him and petting him for a while. as soon as i got up, he ran away from me, blocked the doorway and started growling at me. he never liked me again after that.
Tyson's so strapped for cash these days that he's disguising himself as some guy's dog.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Thank Pesci that Mark Antony wasn't there

FTFY
Dogs and every other dangerous animal should be forbidden.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

not sure if serious...
Quote by jakesmellspoo
not sure if serious...

Dead serious. Although that's a bit ironic I suppose.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

I FORBID YOU TO BE!
Quote by jakesmellspoo
not sure if serious...

Probably not, it's Neo.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']
I FORBID YOU TO BE!

I ofcourse mean they should all be in certain reservations or just be gassed.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Trowzaa
Probably not, it's Neo.

Not this time. I'm sick of dogs, snakes or any other violent animal attacking innocent children. They are wild beasts and are not to be trusted

EVER!
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Neo, for the second time today, shut up.

Quote by Trowzaa
Neo, for the second time today, shut up.

No. I'm taking a stand here. Down with the animals.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Thanks buddy. Dunno how I ****ed that one up.

Don't get me wrong, if it had been any other part of history, I'd have never caught it.
What's up with you and ears man?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Neo Evil11
I ofcourse mean they should all be in certain reservations or just be gassed.

You go to shower now!
Some dogs are bastards, some humans are bastards. I have a Rotweiller, she's a giant hamster....wait, no. Hamster's run. Zara's more like a walking, eating, pooping load of washing.

My mother's Chihauhaus on the other hand...ravenous little ****s
Last edited by sakura'sdarkest at Jan 23, 2012,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You go to shower now!

Yes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
my other aunt's dog was the nicest animal ever to a point where i think he might have been retarded. he never attacked ANYTHING. every single living thing was another friend to him.

Raccoon? i just wanna sniff/lick you.
Snake? same
Kittens? drool all over them and try to carry them in his mouth.
Chipmunk? drool and chase, just wanna sniff.

if there was ever an intruder in the house i'm sure he'd have just expected a treat.
I liked the story in the metro better:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/888095-bull-terrier-dog-owner-pleads-guilty-over-attack-that-ripped-off-ear-of-girl-6

Hindley initially blamed her family for the attack and told them they should have kept their children ‘under control’, saying the girl and her younger brother had been ‘unnerving’ his pet, a black and white bull terrier.

He then stormed off, leaving a false name and address while the girl’s father was left to search the area for the ear in the hope surgeons could sew it back on.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Man gets arrested.
Dog gets off. Typical really.

It was a bull terrier too. Bought and raised by dickheads to be more aggressive than they already are.

it all depends on the owner
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
it all depends on the owner

You see, that's the same bullshit we hear every year. Yet that doesn't really explain how there can be 585.000 dog attakcs YEARLY. Dogs are violent and their behaviour is unpredictable by nature.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You see, that's the same bullshit we hear every year. Yet that doesn't really explain how there can be 585.000 dog attakcs YEARLY. Dogs are violent and their behaviour is unpredictable by nature.

Trained early theyre fine. Dumb people buy tough dogs without knowing what theyre doing and shit goes horrible. They just require a good amount of work and socialization, much more than other breeds.

I had a pitbull as a kid when I lived in LA. He was friendly and harmless because my uncle taught it correctly from a pup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jh2_2z92mw
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
Trained early theyre fine. Dumb people buy tough dogs without knowing what theyre doing and shit goes horrible. They just require a good amount of work and socialization, much more than other breeds.

I had a pitbull as a kid when I lived in LA. He was friendly and harmless because my uncle taught it correctly from a pup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jh2_2z92mw

Don't deny statistics. Owners always say: oooh it's not the dog's fault. Dog owners always say: ow they are just not trained enough. But the fact is that dogs just are more violent than other pets. You don't see statistics about 585.000 cats or rabbits that kill people per year.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Don't deny statistics. Owners always say: oooh it's not the dog's fault. Dog owners always say: ow they are just not trained enough. But the fact is that dogs just are more violent than other pets. You don't see statistics about 585.000 cats or rabbits that kill people per year.

Did a dog do something to you?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2