Neither. Try to save up for something decent instead?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
The 7321. It's a pretty decent guitar
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Out of those two, I'd say the ibanez, but if you want a really killer 7, I'd save up a bit.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Save up for either an RGD7421 or an MH-417. Out of those 2, the Ibanez, but seriously, save up a bit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I haven't played the stef but I can tell you from personal experience the 7321 needs new pickups right from the get-go. Mine sounded horrible at first, so i put dimarzios into it and basically redid everything about it just so I could get it to sound halfway decent. So there's my input.

Get a Rondo 7 string.
The mh-417 was original what i was going to get, and I think im going to that instead of a budget 7 string.
Marshall valvestate 80v
esp ltd mh-1000 deluxe
jay turser jtc-500
Good choice, they're great guitars. I have an H-1007 (which is very similar save for minor cosmetic things and slightly better hardware) and it's one hell of a guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
from those 2 the ibanez but you're going to want new pickups and for the 200 bucks you spend on pickups you could get a 600 dollar guitar with higher quality parts all around.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I'd so be on the Rondo Music site if I were looking for an extended range guitar in that price range.
The RG7321 is a solid guitar and is excellent once you stick some decent pups in it. I don't know how the ESP matches up to it, but the two are probably similar as far as quality goes. At that point, it's a question of which feels better in your hands.