Basically I have got a few guitars and I keep one in a hard case under my bed, however now that its got colder I have noticed that the guitar I keep in my hard case is always really cold to the touch when I take it out. I'm just wondering if it being cold all the time is a problem? The guitar in question is an ibanez rg350dx.

Might be a stupid question, so don't flame me too hard if im talking bollocks and its fine.
It should harm it at all, but the change in temperature may effect the bow of the neck, which can be a pain to reset yourself. I wouldn't worry too much, unless it's extremely cold.
Not really, my guitars have been on stands all the time and I've never experienced a problem. But I haven't owned any of them for more than 4+ years so........i dunno
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I think it's extreme changes in temperature and very quick changes in temperature which can cause problems such as warped necks.
What's the actual temperature differential? It can't be that much, since it's under your bed?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
What's the actual temperature differential? It can't be that much, since it's under your bed?

Well I don't know what the actual temperature difference is. I just noticed it feels cold in comparison to my guitar on its stand, I have an RR5 however which I also keep in its case and that's fine it is in a better case however. Im guessing from what has been said its no big deal, maybe just an over reaction on my part.
Quote by jackson rr5
Well I don't know what the actual temperature difference is. I just noticed it feels cold in comparison to my guitar on its stand, I have an RR5 however which I also keep in its case and that's fine it is in a better case however. Im guessing from what has been said its no big deal, maybe just an over reaction on my part.

Unless there's a reason why the guitar under your bed would be far colder than the ambient temperature of the room, you're fine.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Unless there's a reason why the guitar under your bed would be far colder than the ambient temperature of the room, you're fine.[/QUOTE

Ahh right that's fine then, Cheers.
how cold are peoples houses that they think it will mess with their guitars INDOORS!?

other than extreme temperature differences (20+ C), you really don't need to worry. the only guitar I've ever seen get genuinely messed up by cold (more than needing a slight set-up kind of stuff) had spent 4 hours in the back of a pickup truck driving through norther Alberta (its very cold here at times, it was 40 below a couple days ago), and the damage was only to the finish (some finishes will "spider-web" in extreme cold).

don't worry about cold so much (especially indoors!)!