I know Zevon isn't as well known as a lot of other musicians, but I think a biopic about his life (if done correctly) would turn out to be great.

For those of you who don't know who Zevon is (first off, shame on you haha). Warren Zevon was a singer-songwriter who got his start in the late 70's, and continued to record all the way up until his death in 2003. He was diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer in 2002. As soon as he was diagnosed, he went straight into the studio to record his last studio album "The Wind". Warren Zevon often used dark humor in his lyrics, and wrote a few all-time classics. One in paticular, "Werewolves of London" is still played on Classic Rock radio stations.

But a question for those of you who know who Warren Zevon was, can anyone name an actor who is suited to play Zevon in the film? My choice would be Rober Englund (Freddy Krueger). I was watching the VH1 Special on Zevon, "Keep Me In Your Heart", and I realized, he and Englund look quite a bit alike. And Englund is a very good actor (even outside of the Freddy makeup). Any other suggestions?
The only reason I know him is cos of Adam Sandler's playlist on Funny People. Keep Me In Your Heart is beautiful.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Excitable Boy is such a brilliantly morbid song. I'm a big fan of pretty much all of his work.

Don't know any actors who could portray him, though.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Excitable Boy is such a brilliantly morbid song. I'm a big fan of pretty much all of his work.

Don't know any actors who could portray him, though.

I grew up listening to Zevon haha.

I still have to say Robert Englund could do it if he grew out his hair, or got a wig haha (To portray Zevon in the final years of his life)

I'm a huge Zevon fan. I have his discography and I'm reading I'll Sleep When I'm Dead at the moment. He is one of the greatest songwriter/party animals of all time. Can't wait to see Hit Somebody when it comes out!
I don't have anyone in mind if they made a film about him, but kudos for bringing him up. I never seem to stumble across fellow Zevon fans, even though recently his work has been seeping into a wider audience.

Such a great songwriter and a hell of a character. Them's some big shoes to fill for any actor.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.

He looks like Trey Anastasio.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus