$150, used or new, US, for live use, preferably in pedal form.
I like using the compressor on a multifx I have at home, I'd like to get one to use live for a clean boost and to tighten my tone a lil. I've tried the boss cs3 and I'm not a fan. Are there any better, more subtle sounding compressors to be had on a budget?
Used you might be able to get either a Keeley Compressor or Katana. I've only used the Katana before and it was great. It is a straight transparent boost or a boost with slight grit. I don't remember it tightening things up much though. If a compressor is what you're looking for, I'd start with Keeley. That's all I got.
did you try out an MXR dyna comp?
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
I have not tried the mxr dyna comp. I think I can find one of those pretty easily, def gonna try one. Keeley's a lil tougher to find offline for me but if I come across one, I'll def try it
I second the Dyna Comp.

If you want a clean boost rather than a compressor (I can't really tell from OP), the EHX LPB-1 is quite good.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by lucky1978
The lpb-1 is quite cheap, do they actually work well with tubes?

Definitely. It's been around for 40+ years, and the circuit hasn't changed all that much since it came out.

It's cheap because it's literally one transistor and a few caps and resistors. You could probably build one for $20 in like 30 minutes.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm