I just bought a 2x12 vertical zilla cab (which is like a british version of an avatar) and I want to use it with my Mesa Simul Class 395 power amp .Im thinking about putting a swamp thang in it and possibly the governor or the manowar.The guy who sold it to me said I shouldn't put a swamp thang in it cause the power amp might blow it , Im not sure why he said that but my question is this... Do I have to be careful as to what speakers I put in the zilla cab while using it with my mesa simul 395 or can I pretty much put anything in there? what are the rules regarding this?
as long as your speakers are a high enough wattage and the ohms match you can use any speaker with your amp. id tell you the coversions for 2 speakers but i cant remember them of the top of my head.
great, good to know
is it ok to mix different brands of speakers?
Last edited by musicanywhere at Jan 23, 2012,
yeah thats fine as long as you follow the 2 basic rules of getting a wattage speaker or speakers higher than your amps output so they dont blow and matching the ohms you can combine whatever you like.
Well, cripes, I didn't even know this amp existed until this thread. I'm on a quest to own 1 of every rack amp Mesa ever built.

-What ginger ninja102 said.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Ya I bought the simul class 395 on ebay for 300... got an amazing deal.
So I should be ok if the speakers are 8 ohms and the power amp output is 8 ohms.Thanks guys.