Could anyone give me their thoughts on it? Might be able to pick one up for cheap. Thanks!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
How cheap is Cheap? 0.o
- Gibson SG 1961 Re-issue
- Fender Stratocaster
- Egnater Rebel-30
- Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah Pedal
That's besides the point .

Edit: For around the same price as a mexican standard jazz/p bass

Edit 2: So, ultimately my question is.. Is it better than a standard jazz/p bass
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

If its used, I wouldnt spend more than $550-$600. But yeah go get that.
- Gibson SG 1961 Re-issue
- Fender Stratocaster
- Egnater Rebel-30
- Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by tr3nt
That's besides the point .

Edit: For around the same price as a mexican standard jazz/p bass

Edit 2: So, ultimately my question is.. Is it better than a standard jazz/p bass

It's just a P bass with a Jazz neck and no tone knob, the body style is not important.

However it's exceedingly obvious you like Blink 182, so I doubt the specs are of interest to you. I'll only say try every bass, don't settle on your idols preferred bass, because that doesn't make it yours. I for one would hate having no tone knob on a bass.

Edit: it's essentially a P bass with close to zero tonal variance and a thinner neck. Strings, amp setting could change that, but gigging with little down time or practice, you'd be hard pressed to have more than that one clanky pop punk tone.
Last edited by askrere at Jan 23, 2012,
well I just got it for $370. =\

Edit: To be honest I didn't even read any specs I just saw it cheap and bought it, and just found out that it had a jazz neck. That's awesome becuase I prefer jazz necks to pbass necks .

Last edited by tr3nt at Jan 23, 2012,
The Hoppus sig has a P neck, just throwing it out there.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos

Oops, well glad to learn something lol, unlike the TS is about to be
Quote by Tostitos

Oh -.- Oh well. I still needed a cheap bass.

I dig it.

It's a very well made bass, and i know LOTS of bassists that play one. If you do the "Punk with a Pick" style of playing, it's a great bass.

In my case, i'd probably RATHER get a P or J, just to have a little more tonal flexibility. But honestly, a large number of bassists play with the tone knob on full tilt anyways, and a "mod" that straight up removes the tone knob all together is something that's been done for years.

So yeah, good bass... i LOVE the colors it comes in... i guarantee you won't be disappointed.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
well, it certainly is a bass.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Din of Win
I dig it.

It's a very well made bass, and i know LOTS of bassists that play one. If you do the "Punk with a Pick" style of playing, it's a great bass.

In my case, i'd probably RATHER get a P or J, just to have a little more tonal flexibility. But honestly, a large number of bassists play with the tone knob on full tilt anyways, and a "mod" that straight up removes the tone knob all together is something that's been done for years.

So yeah, good bass... i LOVE the colors it comes in... i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Yeah I have never used the tone knob on my previous bass. I figured a MH bass for $370 with a hardshell case, + strap and straplocks would be my best bet.

Definitely a good price, and a easy profit if you ever sell. What color did you get?
Quote by askrere
What color did you get?

If it's pink or seafoam with the pearloid guard... i'm totally jealous.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I'd do the seafoam any day, especially with a maple fretboard. But pink is meh.
Quote by Din of Win
If it's pink or seafoam with the pearloid guard... i'm totally jealous.

Seafoam with pearloid :O.