I am mainly a metal guy. I listen to Trivium. KsE, Black Label Society, Devin Townsend Project Machine Head, Alter Bridge, etc. As of right now, I might do the Farewell Balad written by Zakk Wylde. Some parts I would improvise over. I'll either do that, or just complete improv. In the process, I also wanna impress this one girl I like. You guys got any good suggestions? Should I do the Farewell Balad? Please help, guys. It would be so appreciated.
i cum blood
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Were you planning on using a backing track?

Remember it's a school talent show, so play recognisable songs. Only musicans or guitarists might appreciate you wanking out a solo or uber shred speed metal riff.

Hits include:

Anything by Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Smoke on the Water, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Cannibal Corpse and James Blunt.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Rocketman.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by DanGuitarist
I am mainly a metal guy. I listen to Trivium. KsE, Black Label Society, Devin Townsend Project Machine Head, Alter Bridge, etc. As of right now, I might do the Farewell Balad written by Zakk Wylde. Some parts I would improvise over. I'll either do that, or just complete improv. In the process, I also wanna impress this one girl I like. You guys got any good suggestions? Should I do the Farewell Balad? Please help, guys. It would be so appreciated.

Don't play metal.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Nameless742
Were you planning on using a backing track?

Remember it's a school talent show, so play recognisable songs. Only musicans or guitarists might appreciate you wanking out a solo or uber shred speed metal riff.

Hits include:

Anything by Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Smoke on the Water, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Cannibal Corpse and James Blunt.

yes i would use the backing track for it. And I have a second song in mind. It might be Sweet Child O Mine. If I can learn the solo, I'll do that one! Im not particularly a fan of GnR, but I am a HUGE fan of Slash, and this is one of their good songs. Plus, its a good song to impress the girl i like. lol. I'm torn between S.C.o.M and Farewell Balad rt now. and thanks for the info!
dude you can play metal or impress the girl it might be difficult to do both unless she actually likes metal. If u like alter bridge i'd say Blackbird would be pretty awesome if you want to play something you might like that will impress her.
Satch Boogie. Not necessarily a "recognizable" song but it's fun as hell and people could probably get into that. Be sure to practice your O-face and acquire a giant fan to blow your hair back.

Or say **** it, do what you want, and if this chick goes for it then you just found a metalhead girlfriend, congratulations!
Quote by BK202
Girls aren't impressed by technical skill, girls are impressed by emotion or "emotion".

Kick out the Breaking Benjamin and Oasis and you'll be golden, bro.
Quote by BK202
Girls aren't impressed by technical skill, girls are impressed by emotion or "emotion".

Yeah. Just smack out some octave chords and yell as loud as you can about how much you love her and want to commit suicide.

Worked for Iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook
Quote by phoenix_crush
Yeah. Just smack out some octave chords and yell as loud as you can about how much you love her and want to commit suicide.

Worked for Iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook

They got all the women they wanted and also wound up being the best band to play music ever.
Quote by Musefan161
John Mayer

Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
ive made an official descision. im doin a solo! Its mostly my stuff that I came up with, but im gonna try to include a part of the solo of Blackbird by Alter Bridge. The show is Feb 24th. I might post the vid of it on youtube. If you wanna see it, subscribe to my youtube channel "ThrashMetalTrivium"
Grrrl's not gonna like that.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by BK202
Oh I thought you said metal.

This +1000
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Closer by Nine Inch Nails.
I wumbo,You wumbo,He she me,Wumbo. Wumbo,Wumbo'ing.
Quote by DanGuitarist
I also wanna impress this one girl I like.

Candlebox- Far Behind
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence