So...I got my baby back!
In 2007 I got a First Act ME501 as my first electric guitar for 45 dollars. It was in perfect condition. It played well and I thought it sounded awesome through my shitty amp! I named her cherry.

Then I got my peavey classic 30 and another strat copy. I didn't really know the differences between single coils and humbuckers and decided to trade my first act for an Ibanez GRX20 because it looked heavy metal and I was into that at the time. Big mistake. I soon missed my smooth sounding awesome playing first act.

Then tradegy struck. I accidentally broke my tubes and needed a way to get some money so I sold the Ibanez. Leaving me with nothing but a broken hearted 15 year old boy.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. I'm strolling the pawn shops and what do I see? This gal' with a broken nut and missing volume knob! 79 dollars.

So I haggle and take her home for 50 bucks.
I order a polycarb nut, gibson selector switch, and some new knobs. Did the work myself and now have a beauty!

Alnico pickups, 3 way switch, medium frets, and some sexy ass cream binding.
The pickups get a little muddy when put through high gain, but have a very nice and round alnico sound. My only complaint is the strap buttons seem to come out on these cause it happened to my old one and this one.

Idk about a better LP copy for around 70 bucks.

I know its first act but I'd say its probably just under the standard epiphones in quality. It beats the hell out of the grx 20 in sound and more importantly build quality. It makes the cheap LP special II's look feel like crap too.

So, I present you with Cherry Deuce. Provocative, I know.
Attachments:
me5013.jpg
me5012.jpg
Me501.jpg
Guitars:
'95 MIM black label strat
'99 MIM telecaster
'05 Squier bullet hardtail
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
'94 Peavey Classic 30 w/WGS ET65 + 2x12
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
i actually sort of like the way that guitar looks...i must be out of it..... or high...

happy NGD!!!
I haz gotten gud
Wow! I'm gonna make you guys the honorary prove me wrongers! I was expecting to get bashed lol.

It does look awesome! Its kinda like a Telecaster and a LP had a baby with down syndrome, which is weird since those two guitars aren't cousins. Its an excellent way to deal with denial about how awesome LP's sound because you hate the way they look.

Also, this bridge is probably the most comfortable I've had. Its a string-thru with a pretty nifty brass string retainer.

And yup i'm a big spender! lol my most expensive guitar is my beloved MIM tele that I only paid 220 for. and my amp was only 250
Guitars:
'99 MIM telecaster
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
It's an interesting shaped body. It's actually quite attractive. Shame it's probably made of plywood =(
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Basswood. Idk if thats what you wanted to hear lol but ya. Not plywood.
Maple neck rosewood fretboard.
Guitars:
'99 MIM telecaster
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
That's a great looking guitar, I quite like it!
I still love my first guitar, it's sitting about 4 feet away from me, it's probably the one I play the most, so I know the feeling.
Looks cool, color is horrible though.

Sentimentality FTW!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Lol you don't like red? Its gotta a little burst going on. Its my cell phone camera so I guess it doeesn't show well. I saw some chinese dude with a blue one on youtube. It was also left handed and he was alot better than me, but thats a given.
Guitars:
'99 MIM telecaster
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
Quote by John.Garcia33
chinese dude.........ellipsis........... better than me

Now that you mention it, I do notice the burst.........makes it somewhat better I suppose but I do dislike red on guitars. Hell, I dislike every non-brown,black,gold,grey,silver color. I guess it looks too artificial.
It makes sense in my head....

But the shape looks cool.

EDIT:^^^ Well, he does make a viable point. It's easy to find a Chinese person good at something because there are so many of them. I can't wait till there's like 20b billion people in the world. How fun would that be?!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Jan 23, 2012,
Lol its not racist if I agree that i'm a racist. Then its just the truth.

No, it makes sense. I'm the same with cars. I don't like it if its not black white or grey. Unless its an exotic car or old mopar muscle car or something.
Guitars:
'99 MIM telecaster
'08 First act me501
80's Hondo II strat copy
Amp:
Effects:
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
MXR M66 Classic OD
Black Russian Big Muff
Very nice dude! Congrats. HOGD!

I re-found my first guitar not too long ago at the same used-instrument store I first got it at. I was able to recognize it by a few distinctive dings in the finish. I did almost buy it but the person who owned it after me did so many modifications it was hardly the same guitar anymore.
Don't know that I'll ever get my first guitar back, it was a 60's Kay very similar to the pic. I brutalized that poor thing... stupidity of youth. Would love to have one now...

Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
i got rid of mine. oddly enough i didn't have any problem, as i never played it, and wasn't that great, and the frets were worn really bad, so that takes some of the fun out. i traded it for some drum stuff and a huge drum rack. i am more of the everything goes for the right price person, but i think about missing it a little bit for a minute or two, but it doesn't last long. it wasn't going to benefit me. i got what i wanted, the other kid needed a new guitar and got one, and his brother changed his drum setup and didn't need the rack or anything else.

it was kind of cool it was literally a family band, there were three brothers (kid who got the guitar, older brother who gave me the rack and drum stuff, and another brother was the singer and their dad was the bassist. it is kind of cool. it was like a traditional Hispanic music, they were very nice and i know the guitar went to a good home.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/