Okay to start off right now I have a Line 6 Spyder Jam 75 watt amp with the stompboxes that they pop you an extra hundred bucks for. Obviously this amp isn't good enough for gigging. My main guitar is the LTD v-200 with the passive ESP-EMGS not sure what the difference between passive emgs and the esp emgs are but that's not the point. I have a boss me-50 multi-effects pedal and it is amazing. It has almost if not every boss distortion pedal and the models are the same if not better than the actual pedals. All of the other effects are amazing, the noise gate is questionable but then again that could be my amp. My question is what would be a good amp I could get to combo with this multi-effects unit for whatever I could get for the line 6 amp on ebay plus 100-200 dollars more. May it be a stack or whatever, I'm trying to get a band going and I'm thinking about the future and gigging, but at the same time something I could keep at a low volume to practice because I am in an apartment building. Cleans are kind of important to me, but not the main concern. I am planning on playing a mix between hardcore and thrash metal. I live in the Chicago suburbs as well. (I actually read the sticky thread). If you need more info I can give it. I am not an amp expert when it comes to combining them with effects.
Equipment
Guitars: ESP LTD MH-50
ESP LTD V-200
Some Yamaha Acoustic
Amp: Line 6 Spyder Jam 75 (LOL it's an amp though)
Pedals: Boss ME-50
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Look around in the used market for a Vox Night Train. Loud enough for gigs, quiet enough (especially in the triode mode) for bedroom volumes. It has very nice cleans, and sounds great high gain too. You can probably find one around your price point. Alternatively, the orange tiny terror, but the NT is probably cheaper and better.
How would it sound with my pedal though you think? I don't know much about amps especially tubes.
Equipment
Guitars: ESP LTD MH-50
ESP LTD V-200
Some Yamaha Acoustic
Amp: Line 6 Spyder Jam 75 (LOL it's an amp though)
Pedals: Boss ME-50
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
can we get a solid budget please?
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Depends on what you are using the ME-50 for. If you're going to use it for OD/distortion, get a good clean amp like a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and run it in front. My suggestion though would be to get a Peavey Ultra or XXX and stick the ME-50 in the effects loop for modulation/delay/etc. The amp's distortion will blow the ME-50's away.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.