Page 1 of 2
a few months ago i posted a wanted ad and stated the amount of cash i was willing to spend, list what i want do more importantly what i don't want. make it clear that it is a new toy for me, cash that you really need for you, so you wont get top dollar, but i will be respectful.

last time i tried this i snagged a 2001 Gibson Gothic V in mint condition with case and case candy for $500. lets see what i will get offered this time for $400. where i live is getting harder and harder for some people, so things are selling pretty low and taking a while to sell.

lets see if i can take advantage over the current local economy.

i will let you know what i get offered. if somebody else is interested in doing this, do it, its fun let me know. i found a very nice deal once and have a feeling i will find one tomorrow.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wow thats low, exploiting down trodden people for nice guitars.

I like your style.
Next time I have $$ to burn I'm in.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Wow thats low, exploiting down trodden people for nice guitars.

I like your style.
Next time I have $$ to burn I'm in.

its a blast. i already have got the buzz... lol. just waiting for that first email... wondering what will come up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
you are about to be offered every MIM fender for sale.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you are about to be offered every MIM fender for sale.

i made my interests very strict.

here is my ad
i want a new guitar, ideally today. i want to see what i get for offers. i do not want to spend a dime over $400. you will not get the highest price possible out of me, but i promise i will be reasonable and not insulting if treated respectfully. this is kind of getting me a new toy and you cash for something else that you need.

cosmetic condition isn't a big deal, i don't want a beaten guitar, but a scratch or dent isn't a big deal. they must be structurally sound. if they need work or components that is likely fine as well, however if it does need work or components it will factor into what i pay.

gibson would be preferable. NO EPIPHONE or LP copy unless high end copy like a Japanese Tokai LP or something, also no Melody Makers. faded models are fine too. i would love an explorer, V or SG or LP.

i would like an Ibanez Prestige, Prestige only,no other models. 1550/1570 would be perfectly fine. . all shapes fine. older Japanese 550 570 maybe a go.

as far as Fender goes none made anywhere but the US. a highway 1 would be fine. the newer budget MIA would be fine as well.

no acoustic guitars, no classical guitars, no basses, no amps, no effects, and i will not go over $400, so don't email me and tell me to save and wait a few weeks and buy yours. if i wanted to spend more i could, but will not.

send me emails with what you have and pictures if possible. i will jump on best deal from my standpoint. i know what things are worth. i am reasonable and fair and will not be disrespectful to you. the more information you give me the first email the sooner the deal will be done. i get emails instantly to my phone. include your phone number in the email, or it could be regarded as spam. i don't have too much of a problem, but make it obvious you are real.

thank you for your time. hope i see one of you tomorrow.
]
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Sounds fun...

try it then you will know its fun. throw whatever number you want up there. i am sure quite a few of us could throw an number down just to see. if i lived in an area that had more expensive gear, i wouldn't have put anything from what i have to a few grand. if i thought i could find a good deal at $2,000 with enough competition i would have put that up.

i am waiting for emails, however here it is 3am and most are asleep. if this one goes good i will do it every few weeks. for sure once a month.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
$380 for a RG2570VSL as minty as it gets. all case candy too.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
I ****ing hate you. Seriously.

told you to do it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Oh I will. Especially after seeing that.
I somehow doubt I'll be that successful though.
I live in Alberta, everyone has money and jobs fall out of trees.
I like the replies you're already getting.

"Dude... I want some of what you're smoking... Here's the thing, I don't know how long you've been playing, but I'm gonna let you in on a secret, mmmkay? There is nobody, I repeat NOBODY that is going to let go of a otherwise (faded or otherwise) for $400. Believe me, I have been looking for 10 years for a bargain LP...

If you do happen to find one, its probably stolen or a fake. And if it is mine that was stolen a while back, rest assured that the police have the serial number on file... Good Day "
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
you should make a reply to his reply telling him that your drug of choice is "heroine"
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Oh I will. Especially after seeing that.
I somehow doubt I'll be that successful though.
I live in Alberta, everyone has money and jobs fall out of trees.

haha. the key to it is to make it seem like you NEED it today for whatever reason. basically its like them selling to a pawn shop or GC. i would pay more than either by a small margin. make it as if i need XYZ asap, and they need quick cash.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by mike_oxbig
I like the replies you're already getting.

"Dude... I want some of what you're smoking... Here's the thing, I don't know how long you've been playing, but I'm gonna let you in on a secret, mmmkay? There is nobody, I repeat NOBODY that is going to let go of a otherwise (faded or otherwise) for $400. Believe me, I have been looking for 10 years for a bargain LP...

If you do happen to find one, its probably stolen or a fake. And if it is mine that was stolen a while back, rest assured that the police have the serial number on file... Good Day "

you are are completely an idiot. i paid traded an MIM tele and $50 for a Gibson Faded SG. teles go for $300 tops here + $50= less than what you claim. i traded a Hamer std flametop for a Gibson SG White Jazz which is a 400 run guitar.

i know they are real. i am not a dumbass. do you have any sense of people? if it doesn't seem right i won't do it. the both of those SG's were bought from guys in their 40's that lived in nice houses. if it were a crackhouse i wouldn't trust them.

you must not know where to look for gear. its not that hard to get a faded gibson for $400. yea its on the low side, but if you watch you can catch one. 10 years, i figured you could have saved up enough for one in the last ten years...
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by mike_oxbig
you should make a reply to his reply telling him that your drug of choice is "heroine"

it is. but not anymore. i dont really care what you think or say. people run into drug problems, and can get clean. heroin is the best high though but that really isn't that important.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you are are completely an idiot. i paid traded an MIM tele and $50 for a Gibson Faded SG. teles go for $300 tops here + $50= less than what you claim. i traded a Hamer std flametop for a Gibson SG White Jazz which is a 400 run guitar.

i know they are real. i am not a dumbass. do you have any sense of people? if it doesn't seem right i won't do it. the both of those SG's were bought from guys in their 40's that lived in nice houses. if it were a crackhouse i wouldn't trust them.

you must not know where to look for gear. its not that hard to get a faded gibson for $400. yea its on the low side, but if you watch you can catch one. 10 years, i figured you could have saved up enough for one in the last ten years...

i are are are are not the one who wrote that, you must be high on methadone.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/msg/2816812120.html
Quote by stepchildusmc
I wouldn't rule out the higher end MIM Fenders, specifically the Classic Player series. I'm GASing for a 50s CP like crazy and they bring decent cash 2nd hand. Picking one up for $400 would be a decent investment, not as well as an American Standard but still not a bad price either.

EDIT: If someone does pick a 50s CP I have some trade material
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 25, 2012,
I think he deleted his ad before i could feed it to the pit
Quote by stepchildusmc
CL is an awesome place right now. But you have too watch it all the time and you can pick up some great deals. Times are tough and CL is just flooded with stuff that is not moving. People will take any reasonable amount of cash and sometimes will take a super low ball if you can reason it with them. Hell there was a Schecter c1 w/ohsc AND a Older valvestate 2x12 combo for $300 a few weeks ago. I would have bought it just cause I needed another hsc and put the amp up for $175 and the guitar for $250 to get the case for nada but my old lady said if I buy another guitar I need to get her a cat.....and I hate cats.
What the hell!!!
Hell I hesitated (thinking about the cat deal)and was 5 minutes late on a lower end 90s Jackson Kelly that was dismantled with ohsc for $75. The case is worth that.
The woman had no idea.
What the hell!!!
Please tell me this is one of you guys

Looking to purchase American made Fender guitars with maple neck only.
I will pay $150-$275 cash on spot for a good guitar.
Must be American made.
Must have maple neck. (If you don't know, maple is the lighter colored neck.)
Strats and Teles only.
NO Squires.
No Mexican Fenders.
American only.
Cash today.
Please email pics and OR description of the guitar, model number, and your phone number.
Thanks.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Please tell me this is one of you guys

not mine. mine was $400 and different than that. i don't need another strat.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by kai29
i just put one up, exact wording for the lulz (unless I get a good offer, then for the ROARZ)

update: flagged and removed lol

that happened to me once. i read over literally all of craigslist's rules and it never stated that you couldn't run one of these ads.

and for all of you who do want craigslist deals, if you have a smartphone (i have android) i use a craigslist app. you put your criteria in, and when it pops up it will vibrate. i have over 20 different items under watch. thats the best way to do it. i am sure apple has a CL type thing as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yes to iphone app. We use kijiji round these parts. CL has maybe 20 guitars, kijiji has 900.
Still cant sell my ****ing explorer to get this going.
Hopefully payday is large...
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Yes to iphone app. We use kijiji round these parts. CL has maybe 20 guitars, kijiji has 900.
Still cant sell my ****ing explorer to get this going.
Hopefully payday is large...

that is interesting. we are about completely opposite of you. CL has tons of everything, Kijiji never has much. however the maybe 10 listings in a given month most of them are nicer guitars than the average guitar on craigslist.

a lot of the time since i am at kind of a central to a large area, i can feel the vibrate, check it, call them, grab some cash and be at their door in less than 30mins if they answer my initial phone call.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I still hate you.
You gonna ngd that prestige?
I like hearing about better models then I have. (and cost less. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Sounds like an interesting idea. After reading this thread, I posted a CL ad similar to the OP's. Let's see what happens. Could be interesting.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
I still hate you.
You gonna ngd that prestige?
I like hearing about better models then I have. (and cost less. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

i did on the GG&A with some other gear. i don't think i could post it in both places.

my 3550MZ was just under $700 brand new after tax at GC as well.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514504
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
What!!!!! Seriously wtf'n hell!!!!
I paid 650 for my 1570 used and a bit beat up...

I hate you more every comment you make.

How the hell did you get away with that $$ on a 3550 at GC?
I've tried this on kijiji in the past, but people up north are too ****ing delusional about the value of their guitars.

I said I wanted ONLY a solid wood acoustic, and would pay 50% of the retail value or 500$, whichever was less.

I got 3 replies.

would you be interested in yamaha fg 160
made around 1972 solid mahogany back sides and neck spruce top great condition

It was a black label, fully laminated, and he wanted 400$ for it.

I have an old EKO solid wood acoustic I would sell

I have never heard of this brand, and google wasn't much help

get real dork

the email address was fake, obviously
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by trashedlostfdup
its a blast. i already have got the buzz... lol. just waiting for that first email... wondering what will come up.

Used Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR $400 and Ibanez RG570-$350
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
What!!!!! Seriously wtf'n hell!!!!
I paid 650 for my 1570 used and a bit beat up...

I hate you more every comment you make.

How the hell did you get away with that $$ on a 3550 at GC?

my guy treats me well, it was high up on the wall not really visable, but was there for quite a while. they probably wanted it moved (which i cant imagine why they didn't put it in a better spot, trust me it would have been gone in days if people played it. it was freshly setup (which doesn't matter because i do every guitar myself regardless of where it came from). my guy also is some form of manager, so he can discount about anything without anbody caring. he pulled it down over $100 just for the missing trem arm, then got me the arm free (however it took two months from japan) he was the one to mention the Jcraft issues.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sorry, Jcraft issues? Do tell.
And 100$ discount? You make me sooo mad.....

I want a rg3550m so bad, tried one out at L&M here.

$1925.00!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Sorry, Jcraft issues? Do tell.
And 100$ discount? You make me sooo mad.....

I want a rg3550m so bad, tried one out at L&M here.

$1925.00!

i have been trying to find out more here is what i know.

this is from the other thread by me:

the whole J-Craft thing i heard about was from the guy i deal with at GC. he is the only person i buy from, he takes care of me. when i got my first RG (3550MZ) a few months ago, he told me that. he has been looking for one stamped J-Craft for me since the day after i got the 3550MZ, none have turned up. however with the 3550MZ they could not find the trem arm for it and had to deal directly with japan, and i guess that is what he said. and thats why the arm took two months to come in. he actually talked to the president of the company in Japan. he took even more off of the whole purchase for me due to the slow arrival.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Well, I tried it on my local Craigslist last night. Got one email for a 12 string Ibanez before my ad got flagged. Posted it again this morning twice and got flagged within ten minutes.

Does that happen often to you? Do you just keep posting?
yeah, its just dicks getting pissy for some reason. the internet police.

i only flag pawnshops posting, but whatevs.

and trashedlostfdup, that guy who made that reply, is like a 26 year old super fat kid. don't worry about him.
lol do you mean me? or the guy who posted the ad
Quote by stepchildusmc
Page 1 of 2