How much should I pay for a used 1983 jcm 800 100 watt? I want to buy this used along with a used cabinet. Im unsure of the make but he is asking $1300 for them both. Does this sound reasonable?
Depends on condition. That's honestly too high IMO. Though to be fair, I haven't followed the market for those in the last year and a half or so. I might pay $1100 if they're both mint.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It's likely that the head is really dirty since it's got white tolex. I'd offer $900-$1k for the set and might go up to $1100. Any more than that and I'd walk.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

If the deal goes sour, tell him to buy some god damn stands for his guitars.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"

how did you get permission to play music in a library ?

must be one mad librarian .
haha, that's our jam space. our vocalist has a library in his basement. it'd make a rad music video!

anyway, how much does new gear like this cost? would i be able to get a brand new combo amp of the same quality for cheaper?
I'm confused.

You ask about an amp that is for sale.

Then you post a link to a picture of the amp in a library environment.

Then you claim it is your jam space.

or am I confused?

anyway, yes you can find amps that are similar within that general budget but nothing can truely touch the JCM 800 2203 exactly.

if you want to get an idea on what they go for use the 'Cool Look Up' link in my sig.

also, if you want general 'What Amp' help - use this format ploix
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
yes, i did ask about the amp. and yes the library is our jam space. what's so confusing about that? im buying tonight. $1100 for the two. dont judge. haha. thanks for the help everybody!
Last edited by ooSHOCKoo at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by ooSHOCKoo
yes, i did ask about the amp. and yes the library is our jam space. what's so confusing about that? im buying tonight. $1100 for the two. dont judge. haha. thanks for the help everybody!

That's not a bad price and they are pretty cool amps. Enjoy. What speakers are in the cab?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by ooSHOCKoo

I think that the confusion comes from the amp already being in your jam space. I think that 311 was confused as to why it was there.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
oh, it was our other guitarists amp. he was selling it to me. sorry about that, i should have clued in..
So you bought it? I can now see that it's a 2203. Nice. The last real Marshall.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
So you bought it? I can now see that it's a 2203. Nice. The last real Marshall.

For real.

Congrats on owning a killer amp, ooSHOCKoo!