I actually cannot play guitar. When I was like 12 years old, I picked up classic guitar and got frustrated really fast. Since then, I've been perceiving guitars as a tool of Satan and were far from starting playing.

The time has changed and now it's my time to start the journey. I've been going around some models that I'd consider to buy, checking them on YT and so on.

But, first basic information that'd actually help YOU help ME ; )

The budget is around ~200-250$. I haven't had any guitar before, neither had I any amp. I actually want to play rock and metal. I am big fan of GACKT and Rammstein and I just LOVE guitars that sound like this one (background one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJp2lmEk64I

or the one from "Mein Teil" by Rammstein. Some softer sounds do also please my ear, for example that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Sj1LEtA7A

From all the guitars I've come across I chose these models:

1. Cort X5
2. Cort KX5 Katana
3. Ibanez GRX70
4. Ibanez GRX170

As far as I know, used guitars are far better than new ones, so I'd like to get used one. I live in Poland, western part, but there aren't many music shops around here.

Okay, I hope that's enough and I can ask now for some help and suggestions.
Anything constructive would be appreciated.
Any of;

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Ibanez RG321
Squier Vintage Modified / Classic Vibe / and the Affinities are decent...
Most of the lower end Jacksons Ive had good experience with.

Does this budget include your amp?
The majority of the sound you want will come from getting a suitable amp. Buying an expensive guitar then plugging it into a generic cheap practice amp will NEVER give you the tone you want to to achieve.

Roland Cube 30, Peavey Vypyr 30...
Quote by Axe Murderer
Get somehing really cheap in case you quit again....

That doesn't matter, really :-) Even if I quit, I won't sell the guitar. I will use it anyway :-)

@beckyjc
Are these good quality? I don't want any of these guitars to `decay` after one year. I need something that won't break so easily.

And after reading some reviews, I wouldn't like to buy a guitar with Floyd. It's not good for beginners, as I learned.
音楽大使、岡部。
よろしく~
Last edited by Kanarazu at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by beckyjc

Does this budget include your amp?
The majority of the sound you want will come from getting a suitable amp. Buying an expensive guitar then plugging it into a generic cheap practice amp will NEVER give you the tone you want to to achieve.

Roland Cube 30, Peavey Vypyr 30...

This, do not cheap out on an amp in preference for a more expensive guitar.

I'd look at the Ibanez models in your price range, as, IMO they make some of the best value for money guitars. Especially if you're buying used.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by Kanarazu

@beckyjc
Are these good quality? I don't want any of these guitars to `decay` after one year. I need something that won't break so easily.

And after reading some reviews, I wouldn't like to buy a guitar with Floyd. It's not good for beginners, as I learned.

Like with any guitar, you just have to take care of them. No guitar for $300 is going to be great. But for that amount of money, Ibanez, Cort and Jackson aren't bad.

Its wise to not get a Floyd for your first guitar. Especially cheap Floyds.

If you're willing to go used, you can get yourself a better guitar. But it is a gamble. In my experience, people often sell their guitars because they don't like them or they have an issue with them. If they don't like it, then its often the case that you won't like it either. So i would be careful.

If your budget also has to cover your amp, you don't have many options for new guitars that'll be worth getting i'm afraid. Unless you go used, but even then, not great.

For an amp, a Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang or Roland Cube would be decent.

Speaking of which, i could do with a new amp myself.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 24, 2012,
Yeah id definitely recommend you stick with a hard tail or a vintage trem.

Personally for hard rock and metal go for the Ibanez RG321mh / RG321ex / RGR321mh / RGR321ex or whatever the current model is, much better quality than the Ibanezs' you were looking at, you cant really go wrong, theyre a standard for beginners.
How about Corts? Worse or better than Ibanez in this price range?
音楽大使、岡部。
よろしく~
If you tell us the nearest major city we can help look on craigslist for you.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
No, I don't. I will buy it after I have a guitar. I can always ask my friends if they have any amp. I think I will buy the one @beckyjc suggested (Roland)
音楽大使、岡部。
よろしく~