I liked it a lot. The intro is absolutely amazing. I don't listen much electronic music so I didn't get into the middle part much but it was was still good. Good job man.

If you get a chance listen to a track I uploaded yesterday. Would love to hear your opinion on it

http://soundcloud.com/victor-ahluwalia/wmd-1
I really liked the intro a lot. Your production is very good, the drums hit hard and the panning is good. However, it does seem slightly compressed. Try to widen things up a bit, particularly during the drop. The drop is great and seems appropriate for the song, although I'm not much of a fan of the formant filter. I would use the initial synth (1:29 - 1:30) more than the "yayayas." It's a great sound.

The composition as a whole is very good and doesn't fall into any of the traps that most dubstep producers tend to overdo. I like that you mix it up and keep it interesting.

If you're interested, I make electronic music as well:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514371
All crits returned so far, thanks guys

I'm slightly concerned about the power of the drop though, it just seems to lack any oompfh to me. Any thoughts?
I liked the intro. I agree that the beat could have dropped better. I was expecting it to build up to that and at the height of anticipation, to drop. Maybe if you held out the pause longer? Or used some filters at the end of the intro to build it up.

In general I think the writing is good and your production is good. The non wow wow parts (hahah sorry don't know how else to put it) where its just the piano and drums sometimes get a bit repetitive, but not because of the notes. What I like about dubstep is when its just FILTHY AND DIRTY lol if you know what I mean. Not so bright.

In summary, the production and composition is pretty good and hats off to you.

Mate this is sick! I feel the drop hits hard enough, sounds pretty powerful. If you feel that it's not though, what you could do is use a different, weaker drum kit for before the drop and then bring in the punchy kick and snare for the drop. I left a comment on your soundcloud. And followed you. Haha
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Jan 27, 2012,
Hey thanks for your crit!

Nice synth sounds in the intro, nice and chill. They melodies are good too. Loving the piano. The drums sound pretty good, nice kick. The snare doesn't hit hard enough if you ask me. The drop is good, the bass sounds are sick! But again the snare kinda takes away from that. Idk if this was mastered but everything sounds like it could be a bit louder.

You got a great sound man! I think mainly the snare needs more punch. Happy producing!
Quote by AfScatterbrain
Hey thanks for your crit!

Nice synth sounds in the intro, nice and chill. They melodies are good too. Loving the piano. The drums sound pretty good, nice kick. The snare doesn't hit hard enough if you ask me. The drop is good, the bass sounds are sick! But again the snare kinda takes away from that. Idk if this was mastered but everything sounds like it could be a bit louder.

You got a great sound man! I think mainly the snare needs more punch. Happy producing!

I agree on the snare thing definitely, it's got bite but lacks any body. Thanks for reinforcing what I thought.

And on the mastering, it's only very lightly mastered! I literally hate mastering because I'm so bad at nailing it, so I loosely bring up the level to a slightly more reasonable one and leave it at that. If anyone knows of any free mastering services I'd be very grateful if you could share haha!