hey there Ug'ers

i'm looking for a guitar with the same sizes as the gibson L-00 pro but well, i'm really new to guitar playing, bought a way to big one for my arms and body and now i'm looking for one exactly like the L-00 pro, it felt God send just the shape on it's own not even mentioning the sound, so could you guys help me list up models that have the same shape like it?

thanks in advance, alex
I don't know the dimensions of the Gibson, so the easiest thing to do would be to go to the Gibson site and write down the size specifications, then go to a big outlet like the Guitar Center site and compare.
You'd be looking at the smaller-bodied "folk", "parlor", "OM", "OOO" and similar smaller instruments.
You can narrow down your search quite nicely.

What's your budget?
you don't mention a budget, but have you considered the epiphone el-00? seems like it would fit your requirements unless you're looking for all solid http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-el-00-acoustic-guitar/518369000015829?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26044308
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
OP here, my budget is somewhere between 350 USD and 400 USD, not too big, but won't get me a bad instrument either, and the problem is the only specs they give is "small body"
did you check the el-00? since epi is part of gibson, hopefully the size will be perfect.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
what "monster" are you working with now alex? a jumbo? dread?... ukelele? you looking for an acoustic or elec/acoustic?
@patticake, yes i did check the el-00, it's one model i'm considering, and now i'm working with a dread, and it's just too wide and big for my arm to have a good rest on, i'm also more into fingerpicking which is just annoying if i can't see where i'm picking that well yet.
and i'm looking for an acoustic that i can hook up to an amp, thats about it
there's a lot of other smaller sized guitars besides the gibson 00 size. i only play smaller guitars, and these days only with 1 3/4" nuts or wider. i find the 15" lower bout of gibson sized 00's to be a bit much, but martin sized 000's (a more standard size across more brands of guitars) have the same slightly smaller lower bout and thinner waist.
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by patticake
there's a lot of other smaller sized guitars besides the gibson 00 size. i only play smaller guitars, and these days only with 1 3/4" nuts or wider. i find the 15" lower bout of gibson sized 00's to be a bit much, but martin sized 000's (a more standard size across more brands of guitars) have the same slightly smaller lower bout and thinner waist.

what you're saying still sounds like hocus pocus to me but still i found the 00 size ideal, smaller might be just that bit too small, it felt perfect so i want to get as close to that as possible :3
have you tried any martin sized 000's? it isn't hocus pocus - they have the exact same size lower bout as the gibson 00 - 15", but there are a lot less companies that make gibson sized guitars. you can get 000's from recording king, blueridge, martin and a number of other companies, which would help give you more options. my husband's recording king ROS-626 is also fairly slender, about 4" deep, about 3/4" shallower than their dreads, which makes it easier to hold and play for me.

i wish i did know of more gibson 00 sized guitars, but i haven't seen many. my husband got a 1936 kalamazoo that is gibson 00 sized, and it's a darn nice size.
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by patticake
have you tried any martin sized 000's? it isn't hocus pocus - they have the exact same size lower bout as the gibson 00 - 15", but there are a lot less companies that make gibson sized guitars. you can get 000's from recording king, blueridge, martin and a number of other companies, which would help give you more options. my husband's recording king ROS-626 is also fairly slender, about 4" deep, about 3/4" shallower than their dreads, which makes it easier to hold and play for me.

i wish i did know of more gibson 00 sized guitars, but i haven't seen many. my husband got a 1936 kalamazoo that is gibson 00 sized, and it's a darn nice size.

hmm, might want to look into that, if not i have found something like it i think http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/BEF/Takamine-EG416S-NT-Natural-Gloss/art-GIT0018351-000 not entirely sure, and if not this then the epiphone, and i've read about the kalamazoo, gosh i love the old range, wish i could just afford a L-00 but i'm still a beginner, wouldn't even be worth spending money on.

well, thanks so far, i hope others will contribute cause i'm really dying to have one of these sized guitars,
get a lower end shallow or mid depth ovation for now. cheap, sounds good( the mid depth) unplugged and great plugged in. they work for me and dont dig into my upper chest like my flatbacks do.
the takamine new yorker's lower bout is 1" smaller than the gibby 00's, which puts it closest to a marin 0 size, and it's not a bad little ax. i prefer the el-00 just a pinch, but found the new yorker to be very comfortable to play. it's a little cardboardy, but not bad, and has more bass than the size might indicate - and there's an absolutely gorgeous sunburst version http://www.musicpower.com/mmGUITARTRADER/Images/AGTWCE-EG416SVS-f.jpg
Quote by Skeet UK