Im shit at changing the settings on my amp (and my amp is pretty shitty too) so i decided to get me a Boss ME25 in order to make things easier.

The problem now is that i dont understand shit from that one eiter and i always end up with the same sound.
If anyone could hint me towards how to get something close to the sound Kirk has at Metallicas newest album i'd be grateful!

Edit: I'll remember to read rules before posting next time.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Last edited by xhisor at Jan 24, 2012,
What amp is it?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What amp is it?

Fender Frontman 65R is the one i use for home, but I'm about to join a new band and there i will have access to a decent Marshall stack. cant remember which one lol

I just have to know how to get a sound somewhere close with my ME25.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
The amp is the problem. Shoving pedals in front of an amp will not wave a magic wand and turn it into a Soldano.

It may be worth finding out what Marshall amp we're talking about. Some Marshall stacks are horrible.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I won't be able to come in contact with the dude knowing what kind of amp it is before im there, and i need my settings ready for then.

What kind of effects and stuff do Metallica use?
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
If you're asking, you can't afford it

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5246746&postcount=44

Quote by xhisor
I won't be able to come in contact with the dude knowing what kind of amp it is before im there, and i need my settings ready for then.

If you don't know what amp it is exactly and what cabinet, we can't really help you.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 24, 2012,
I own an ME-50, so I'm just using my best guess, as the ME-25 may sound different. However, from reading up on the BOSS site, I'd say the following:

Use the compressor and reverb effects for cleans. Maybe some chorus or delay, although I don't think Metallica a lot of those two effects.

For distorted playing, I'd say use DS: Modern or Metal, Preamp: R-FIER and use the Noise Suppressor depending on level of feedback. The higher the volume, the more likely you'll feedback.

For lead, use the above effects but less TONE so it cuts through more. Maybe use the wah-wah pedal too.

I can't give any specific tones to dial in as I don't know how your guitar and amp sound.

I hope this helps.