Les Claypool found a Carl Thompson bass in a second-hand store for roughly $400. It was his first bass

Has anybody else ever found something really awesome, or something that should be worth much more than it's being sold for in a second-hand store?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Who?

Les Claypool's the bassist for Primus.
Carl Thompson basses usually sell for north of $2000, and Les managed to get one for $400
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
CD's man
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Primus?

Who?

We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123

Hehe.

OT though: I found a Fender deluxe blackout Tele in one of the pawnshop type things over here, and it was on sale for £150.

Someone must have told them that it was a proper Fender, and not a Squier because the next time I went in, it was on sale for £400.

Never really found any 'treasures' so to speak, so....
my friend found a beatles butcher cover for like $100. she didn't have $100 though despite knowing how retardedly much money she could get from selling it.
#DTWD
I've never found a good instrument at a reasonable price, most pawnshops try and gouge, it's like, you know, their thing.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I found a bunch of chemistry equipment from the 1800s in a secondhand store once. I don't know how much it's worth but I paid $100 for it.
cat
i had to do 125 hours of community service at goodwill. they sell nice couches for less than $50, but for some reason overprice things that no one will buy, such as guitar hero for ps2 for $65. They also sold call of duty MW3 for $25 about 2 weeks after it came out. they also throw out really nice speaker systems because they do not know how to get them to work.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by FireHawk
Because of the internet and how easy it is to find information on things its a lot harder to find treasures in second hand stores for a decent price

Ye, I was thinking just that.

That's why you have to find the pawnshop owner with the lowest IQ then lurk around the store with a phone with internet access and research all the stuff in the shop
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat