I've been thinking of upgrading my Valveking head to a Orange Rocker 30 recently. I'm planning on getting one used obviously but I wanted to get some feedback on whether it will be a good decision as I won't be able to try it before I buy it. I use to play metalcore but I mainly play rock/emo now like bands such as Title Fight, Balance & Composure, Brand new, Death Cab for cutie, Jimmy eat world, Radiohead, Nirvana and Old Foo's. I also play abit of Post-rock like This will destroy you/Sigur ros.

I'm hoping to spend around £400 on it. Is it a good decision? and Is it good at playing at bedroom volume? I ask this because my valveking is very loud and I literally have to play it below 1...

Also i'm thinking of downsizing my cab to a 2x12 in the near future, I would be willing to go used and spend no more than £250. I have in mind either a used Orange ppc212, harley benton vintage and marshall 1936 but i'm open to other suggestions providing they're in my budget.

Thanks

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Hey guy, the orange rockerverb is one of the best sounding amps available right now in my opinion. Every show i go to there is at least one if not more of the rockerverb/thunderverb heads somewhere on stage. i would say go for it if you can find it for the right price. If you're concerned about bedroom volume, check out Orange's Tiny Terror. There's a switch on the back for high power and low power. I'm not positive but i think one of the switch positions might be 90% the rockerverb tone. Sounds like something you may want to at least check out. Hope that helped. Rock on!
Fantatsic amp.

Great tone and amazingly daft of orange to discontinue it....

Though you may struggle to get one that cheap...

You will be very happy with one if you get it though.

Same for the decent Orange 212.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks for your feedback. I would get a Rockerverb hands down if I had plenty to spend but my budgets tight. I also would think about getting the tiny terror but I forgot to mention i'm starting a band and planning on gigging so I want something abit more powerful but can also play at bedroom volume and the rocker 30 fits in the middle of those 2 amps.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm