So pit i know a few of you have this phone because Ive read a few times of people owning or wanting to get them. Well i got the phone about a week ago and im very impressed with it thus far. There are a few little things that bother me (i used to be a bb user) but i've gotten past it because its such a stellar phone so far.

HOWEVER with that being said i've had one MAJOR problem that i cant get past. My caller id refuses to work. I have all my contacts saved on my phone since i got a new sim card along with it. And I'm paying for call display in my plan, however when i get a call it continues to say INCOMING CALL FROM UNKNOWN.

Now I have played around with the settings trying to figure a way around it but im becoming very tired with this and I am considering taking it back and getting a different phone. So pit does anyone have any idea about what im talking about and any help to offer if they were faced with this problem? any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Some companies hide their number. If it says 'Unknown', chances are that the number has been hidden.

Some service providers can block hidden numbers for you, so that the call won't go through.
i had similar problem w/ my WM6 phone, turned out i haven't changed the international dialing code in the 'phone' app when i moved to different country, so it was trying to assign the numbers wrongly. No clue if there is any settings like that on android (got tablet only atm), but i think it might be similar problem.

Also, shouldn't it show the number that's calling you, not just 'unknown'? are you sure that people who are calling you don't just have their caller id blocked?

edit: also some suggestions here: http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f41/caller-id-unknown-caller-problems-plz-help-18844/
Last edited by KorYi at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Some companies hide their number. If it says 'Unknown', chances are that the number has been hidden.

Some service providers can block hidden numbers for you, so that the call won't go through.

This.
Well its not companies or anything. Its my friends, sister, or girlfriend calling, even my house number doesnt come up. Thats what im confused about.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
not the phone, it's your service provider
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you have to pay to be able to see what number is calling you?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you have to pay to be able to see what number is calling you?

yeah in north america most of our phone plans consist of the basic shit (x amount of day minutes, unlimited evening minutes, x amount texts/unlimited texts, sometimes free calling and texting to 5 or 10 preselected numbers), then you can add on extras like caller ID, voicemail, etc. I use caller ID so i dont need voice mail, ill just call the person back since id know who it is
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I already pay for call display and voicemail. Its included in my plan. I called them about an hour ago again and they said they re-activated and that i should wait another hour for it to become active. Now ive waited an hour and again its happening. I used to have a blackberry bold 9780 before this and i surprisingly never had a problem with it. But this time with this phone im confused
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Yoink your battery and restart it and it should be fine
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

ahahaha ive done that 3 times today and its still the same
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
ahahaha ive done that 3 times today and its still the same

Sometimes, if you have 1 person saved in your phone under 2 different numbers, it can confuse the phone as well?
nope, nothing. House phone is one number, girlfriend is one number, sister is one number. etc... i might have to take it back to the store
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.