Alright so I was thinking about taking another crack at singing and I noticed whenever I tried, not only did I suck at it but I felt like I was going to pass out because the blood rushed to my head or something. Then I looked into it and found out I wasn't really breathing right, but every time I try to read a description of how my diaphragm or whatever should look I always usually get messed up with what someone else says so I found a picture and am asking should I look like the first or 2nd picture when completely inhaled?

When you sing, you breath from your diaphragm area and not your chest. Thats the first thing my singing teacher taught me. Much more air can be taken in etc. Also another good thing to do is to practice singing like your yawning. The throat opens up more giving a more 'heady' sound to it. This way, your voice will have a lot more tone to it. Hope this helps!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by hawk_kst
The "Breathing in" title should give it away?

I was making sure it as right because I always was under the impression it was backwards.

Like I hear sing with your stomach and stuff like that which threw me off.

Quote by leony03
When you sing, you breath from your diaphragm area and not your chest. Thats the first thing my singing teacher taught me. Much more air can be taken in etc. Also another good thing to do is to practice singing like your yawning. The throat opens up more giving a more 'heady' sound to it. This way, your voice will have a lot more tone to it. Hope this helps!

This does a lot, thanks!
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 24, 2012,

Think of your lungs as working like an accordion or a bellows.

When you pull the bellows apart (ie. expanding the cavity, like the one on the left), then air rushes in to fill the void. When you push the bellows together (ie. compressing the cavity, like the one on the right), the air comes rushing out.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.