Hi. Can you guys suggest me some easy songs using only the basic major and minor chords. Just to practise chord switching and some rhythm and strumming. I strangely enough can't think of any. It would be nice if the songs would be somewhat known

Thanks
PSN name = Barmanation
"pretty woman" by Roy Orbison (?) i like the bridge chord changes he does, not to hard for a beginner and not to easy to sound like everyone else.
Lost Highway - Bon Jovi

To be honest, any of the later Bon Jovi stuff. A lot of it uses acoustic guitars now with those sort of chords.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Bruce Springsteen - The River
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Creedence - Bad Moon Rising
The Beatles - Let It Be
Neil Diamond - Solitary Man

There are obviously so many, but those are some classic songs with simple chords.

Check Marty Schwartz on YouTube, I think it is "martysongz", he has many videos with simple beginner songs you can strum.
Last edited by dscheche at Jan 25, 2012,
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
RHCP has some good ones. californication is a great song, centered around Am, C, Dm, G, etc

other good ones that i like to play

skylar grey "love the way you lie"
smashing pumpkins "disarm"
damien rice "volcano"

there are of course millions, but these are some of my favorites
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw
White Stripes - Hotel Yorba
Outkast - Hey Ya
Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Radiohead - Street Spirit
The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
The Fratellis - Whistle For The Choir (Mostly Barre chords)
Jane's Addiction - Jane Says
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go

I sometimes just play the chords of songs I like (non-metal) like Hotel California or Radiohead.
Any of holdsworths songs

In all seriousness. 99% of pop and rock songs that get radio play will be based on very simple chords in simple progressions.

Johny Cash - Hurt.
Buy the Justinguitar.com beginner's songbook from the Justin guitar website, 100 songs and suggested strumming patterns. I've found it really useful there is a real range of songs from Johnny Cash to Foo fighters!